XXIX. The skeletons in our closet

❧

Turns out, the dad community which at a general glance appears as simpletons who gave rise to a very popular comedy form : dad jokes; have secrets of their own. While these are concealed with good intentions, their revelation often leaves them as the anti - hero in our life story.

The news of Gomez Addams' arrest had spread like wildfire. Soon, through the grapevine, people had found the reason.

The most famous couple of the their time, Gomez had killed Gates for Morticia.

Those privy to more details would know that Gomez had accidently killed Garett Gates, a normie who was obsessed with Morticia, after he found him kissing his now wife forcefully.

That wasn't the strangest news that day.

While I had gone to drop off some papers for my dad at the Sheriff's, I heard shocking news about the coroner.

"I can't believe he committed suicide. And left behind a very strange note - saying he felt guilty about forging a report in an old case - the Garett Gates murder. Well, it's high time they arrested that Gomez Addams."

"It's sad though. What's the use now? The entire Gates family is dead, his mom, the poor thing committed suicide. Her husband drank himself to death and the sister - oh, she drowned overseas."

It was weird, the sequence of events. How the arrival of Addams family had led to an event which had disrupted the peace of the otherwise quiet town.