XXX. There's a shapeshifter amidst us

❧

I sat beside Emma, reading the Little Prince to her. Dad had got this book for me as a kid and I loved it. So the past few days, I would read bits and pieces of it whenever I went to the hospital to see Emma.

It was at the hospital only that I found out that Wednesday's dad had been set free

"Vickie, did you come straight from school?"

"Yes! How come you are here? Weren't you supposed to meet with the Mayor to talk about the upcoming event?"

"His secretary called to cancel the meeting. Apparently, Garett Gates died of Nightshades poisoning and not due to being stabbed as the Sheriff thought. The Mayor has issued a formal apology."

I was sitting there processing the entire information when I saw Thing with a message written - Come to Nevermore. Hurry!

I reached there as quickly as I could, hoping that Wednesday had found something related to the Hyde but instead she just said "I will explain on the way!" as we made our way to Larissa Weems' office.

"Weems is a shapeshifter. My mother left her yearbook. It wasn't Rowan who stood there before us that day after we had just witnessed him being slashed by the monster. It was Weems. We are going to confront her."