27.

••••

••••

"So, this will be your room and you're welcome to anything in here." Sincere told Mason— they had landed back home this morning and Mason no longer wanted Sincere out of his sight after learning about his childhood and his suicidal attempts. He couldn't live alone by himself and that was why he was staying with the aunt and uncle so Sincere offered him the second bedroom inside of the pool house.

Mason sat his bags down and looked at Sincere, "You're sure Shakur is okay with me staying back here? He doesn't seem to like me that much."

"He told me you couldn't stay here at all, honestly but this place is in my name so he really can't do anything about it, he doesn't like anyone really."

"I just don't understand what I did to upset the man,"

Sincere chuckled, "Maybe never coming to see me when I was nearly beat to death?"

He watched his dads face soften, "I'm sorry about that son— I was hurt you chose that boy over us and the only time you ever called was when he beat on you and then you'd turn right back around and shut us out when you went back. As a father— I couldn't understand why you'd settle for something like that but learning about your past I could see why he was familiar to you and you thought what you two shared was normal or even love... I should have picked up on signs, I'm sorry your mother and I failed you."

"It's crazy how that stopped you when it never stopped you' from being by your wife's side. We both were repeating a cycle— guess the drunk was the better option? Atleast I ain't die right, a win is a win." He shrugged. Mason frowned.

Mason bit his tongue and just nodded his head and with that Sincere turned to head out of the home— he was headed to see Joshua and he couldn't wait to see him. He missed him and wanted to give him a well needed hug after he had expressed his hurt that had hurt Sincere to his core.

At Joshua's place he and Kennedy laid up under one another while Josiah slept peacefully in his room. The two had just finished having sex— for the last two days it seemed as if Joshua had turned a switch on inside of Kennedy because she had been all over him each time their son took a nap and he napped a whole lot. He knew that Kennedy used to be bad with wanting sex but it seemed that her drive had gotten higher not that he was complaining at all. He was just exhausted today from school and leaving practice to head straight to work. However after Kennedy had sucked him how she did he found a burst of energy.

"The sex is cool' and all but what are we?" Joshua asked after they caught their breaths. "You still fuçk with what's his name?"

Kennedy chuckled, "You know his name— and no. You and my dad made sure of that,"

Joshua laughed, "I ain't do nothing. How was I supposed to know that me venting to my pops would be the reason Shakur blurted that out?"

"Boy— you know what you were doing. Let's be honest here,"