Finral (2)

*kinda short*

Luck's pov.

Finral slept, a lot, like a lot. Which was weird considering he like, never went to sleep. It was weird, I wanted to make sure he was safe. I wanted to fight him, but not hurt him at all. 

I didn't like it. I didn't like him being hurt. 

I did want to hurt his family. 

All of them now. Not just his brother. 

"Luck?" Magna looked at me confused.

I hummed, I knew this wasn't normal for them to see. Finral just passed out and ended up falling on my lap. I haven't moved since he fell. 

Magna did say anything, he just sat a plate down. 

"It's mine, don't touch it." He mumbled a little. 

We both knew what he was doing, he made the plate for me. But I couldn't move, well I could but, I wasn't going to. 

The captain said that Finral acted like a cat, it was one of the first things I came to know about the loving coward. I've also come to see him as, what was it that Gauche called him, 'a den mother' 

Finral was like a mom, like one from a story book. He always cleans up after us, and defends us from the dirty looks and hateful words that were directed at us from the rich. He takes care of anyone that gets sick or hurt, and he always gets us gifts and despite him making fun of us from time to time, he always praises us more than anyone else. 

It reminded me of my mother sometimes, he would stay awake every second doing something. It was nice, being able to see the mother figure so calm and defenceless. 

No one, not even my mother, ever slept this close to me. They were too scared of me, they were too scared of my magic, of my wish to fight.

I didn't even know that I was sparking till I saw the lightning wake him up.

"Luck?"

He was going to be afraid, he was going to shoot up and run away from me in fear. 

"Sorry about that, I bet you're pretty restless." 

What?

He's not running away.

His mana is so calm.

He's... not afraid of me.

"Thanks for letting me sleep on you." Finral gently set his forehead against mine before moving away with a soft smile. 

I want, to make him proud.

--- Asta's pov. ---

I can't lie and say that I didn't want Finral to be around me. He was amazing to be around, and now that he didn't have that creepy burn to his Ki, he was even better. 

His Ki was always calming and grounding, even when he was whining, even when he was hurt, even when he was almost dead, his Ki was reassuring. Like he wanted others not to worry about him to the point that it didn't matter how much he was hurting.

Something about him put me at ease.

I know that he's not really the strongest, but I don't think I've ever felt safer than when he's around. He just kind of gave off that feeling, the one that you feel like nothing can touch you with them around.

"Hey Finral, Don't take this the wrong way... but are you fluffier?" I asked, the older man's ears twitched a little. 

"Hmm?" 

"What I mean, like your hair, it's fluffy." I said pointing at his hair.

"Here." Finral opened a portal, I caught what came out. 

"A bar of soap?" 

Finral laughed a little.

"It's something my aunt always used, but my earring always made it where I'd hear nothing but ringing for three days... It might help your hair too." Finral gently touched my hair, "It's not the greatest."

I didn't really hear anything else he said, it felt nice for some reason. To have the other magic knight so close, I wanted to relax. And before I knew it, I was drifting asleep.