Not fine

**I'm making this into a chapter book, I might cross it over here but it's most likely going to be on A03 under the same title as this one. It's not in this but I'm crossing over -The Dragon Prince- into the chapters, I might add some to this book.**

Finral swore he was fine, that was the first sign that he wasn't. 

Yami had come to learn that when the younger said that he was fine, when he didn't complain about something, or rather anything, that something was definitely wrong.

But he would refuse to say anything more then.

"I'm fine."

And that meant literally in this case. Even now as he and Vanessa yell at each other in the living room.

"Why won't you just tell us what's wrong!?" The witch screamed.

"Because nothing is wrong!" The mage yelled right back.

"Then what's up then huh!? Your portals are weaker and you're cowering about!" 

The brown haired man flinched a little at that.

She was out of line, but not wrong. Finral wasn't exactly cowering, more like he was trying to blend in with his surroundings more. His mana was all over the place usually, but now it was a constant, to an almost unsettling amount.

"I'm fine." Finral said through his clenched jaw, and without another word suddenly disappeared. 

That's something that worried Yami deeply, even without his mana Finral's Ki was seared into his soul at this point, and it was gone.

It made Finral feel dead to the captain, and that was upsetting in it's own thought.

Yami wasn't sure what was said, but he guessed it was something about what had just happened that was sparking the argument between Vanessa and Zora, the others trying their best to move out of the way of the two as they continued. 

With a soft wight the dark magic user got up and let the room, trying his best to search for Finral's unsettling mana.

When he finally did find him, Nacht had already gotten to him. The black haired man could hear them talking from where he was, the other two only a few feet away in the forest that they called a backyard. 

"You're making yourself sick." Nacht said with a matter-of-fact tone.

"It's not like I like throwing up." Finral replied weakly.

"If this keeps up you'll die." One of the little devils Nacht had squeaked out.

It was silent. Yami wanted to go over and talk to the brown haired mage but Nacht said something before Yami could find the will to move.

"It matters if you die, you do know that. Right?" 

Something in Yami's stomach twisted, Nacht didn't show a lot of emotion, nothing real at least. But the desperate almost whine to his voice as he asked Finral if he knew he deserved to live wasn't fake in the slightest. 

And the silence that followed made Yami want to kill.

It didn't matter if it was the vaudes or someone else, but whoever put it in the sweet, loving, idiot that he wasn't worth living was going to pay.

"Hey." Yami called out, walking over to them with a blank expression, asking a silent question.

"I'm fine."