Family without blood

*This chapter is more Noelle learning about Finral, and Finral x Yami in the background. They just seem to have a shared trauma and I feel like they could have had a relationship that's been put to the side for a better plot in cannon. P.s a little Noelle x Asta. This is also a multi part cuz I don't have that many ideas.*

Noelle has found that she loves sunday nights with the black bulls. Every Sunday night they were home the squad would pull a name from a hat and whoever got pulled had to be subjected to what seemed to be mostly embracing stories being told about them.

It was stupid, sure. But it was something Noelle found comfort in. 

She brought it up to Vanessa once, all the witch had to say about it was that it was probably trauma related. 

The royal wanted to ask Finral, but she could never muster up the courage to ask him about anything personal. 

Finral reminded Noelle of her old trainer, and it scared her sometimes. She couldn't lie and say she wasn't a little jealous of how comfortable Asta and Nero were with him while she knew just as much and was the furthest thing from close to the kind mage. 

She might ask Fugolion as he, as well as most of the crimson lions, silver eagles, and golden dawn, had come to their little sunday night tradition.

Though it seems that her lack of knowledge about the mage ends tonight, as he groaned at his name being called, for the first time since she joined the squad. 

"Oooo! I have one!" Luck yelled happily bouncing. 

"Noooo." Finral whined, already knowing what the story was.

~~

Luck Voltia  was insane and always looking for a fight. But for some reason, Finral wouldn't even try to entertain the younger wish to fight.

But the way he dodged every attack, it made Luck only want to fight him more. The lightning mage couldn't wait till he got the Spatial mage to fight him. 

"For the last time Luck, I'm not fighting you. Go bother Magna." 

"Nope! I want to fight you!" 

"Why?" Finral asked, his tone making the blond stop.

He didn't seem mad, just confused.

"It's fun!" Luck said, thinking it'd make the other mad.

"You just want to have fun?" Finral asked, a small smile creeping on his face. "Okay, then let's have fun." 

Luck was going to shock the hand that Finral extended to him, but before he was given the chance, he fell through the portal that Finral had opened under them. 

They were falling out of the sky, Luck could see the base, though it looked more like a dot then a house this high up. He looked over at Finral when he let go of his hand, a toothy smile on his face as he teleported away, only a little higher than he just was. 

Something in the brunettes eyes reminded of the lightning mage of himself. As Finral portaled himself all over the sky Luck went after him, only barely missing each time, something in the lightning mage told him that the older mage was doing it to encourage him to countuine. 

After almost three hours of the little game in the sky, they had to stop. The spatial mage grabbed him mid-fall and set them both safely on the ground.