Like a cat

--Short--

Finral was like a cat, in Asta's eyes at least.

He was jumpy yet elegant. Kind of like a cat that was thrown out on the street after living in a house. 

But then again, the way that Finral followed around the captain made Asta think that the abandoned cat that he saw Finral as, was more like he just found a better home than the one that he was in before. 

Finral was fluffy, both literally, his hair and clothes seemed almost like an elegant animal, and metaphorically, he was lengthy and his movements were calm and calculated even when he was relaxing.

Relaxing, which was always around Yami, or more often than not, on Yami.

Like right now, the fluffy brunette was laying over Yami's legs as the captain read the paper, by the way that his head was laying, so was Finral. 

What caught Asta off guard was that Yami's hand was settled on the youngers thigh, in a way, keeping the man on his lap safely. 

This was normal, every third sunday, Finral would be gone for most of the morning, come back with his Ki in a hate filled spiral, only calming down when he found his way one way or another in the captain's hold. 

Finral snickered a little, Yami chuckling a little with him.

"Told you." Finral said, his tone teasing as he looked from the paper to Yami.

"Yeah, yeah. You're always right."

"It's why you love me~" 

Asta could swear Finral was purring as he looked up at his... boyfriend?

Asta wasn't sure what they were really, sometimes Finral randomly kissed the captain on the cheek or forehead, and though it was discrete, Yami would always have his hand on the other. Sometimes it would be something simple, like setting his hand on the shorter's shoulder, but sometimes it was his waist, and in an odd way, at least in Asta's opinion, they looked amazing together.

"Still new to that, huh?" Vanessa whispered over to Asta. 

"Hmm?"

"It's diffrent, I know. But they sure love each other." 

Asta looked over at him with a small smile. 

"They look like...

a rottweiler and a calico."

Vanessa laughed loudly making everyone look over at them.

"Well- heh, you're not wrong about that kid. I think that suits them well." She said with a cheshire cat smile.

Why do I feel like she's up to something?