A mess

*I might add my series to Wattpad as well as Ao3, I haven't decided yet. Anyway, this is a chapter on Ao3, same name as the title. It's also a Shameless (US) crossover, mostly just characters because I'm rewatching it with my roommate and this was a cute Idea I had. A/O/B dynamics and Yami's not really mentioned in this chapter, I'll post the second chapter with him in it so it counts as a Yami x Finral chapter.*

Finral's family was, messy, to put it nicely.

His mother was a mess, always on something she shouldn't be on and never her meds.

Seven kids, two fathers. That by itself isn't something Finral ever cared about, but her leaving her kids in a bender was something that he couldn't seem to forgive.

She was bipolar, part of him wanted to forgive her for everything. But he and Ian were Bipolar and they 'dealt with it', they had their moments still, sure. But they actively try and 'fix' themselves.

Though at times she was a better option than Frank, his step father, or rather his mother's husband.

He's a pain in the ass, sure, but he's been there when his own father hasn't, even if Finral would have been better without either of them around.

His sisters, they were either a monster incarnate or a god sent angel.

His brothers seemed to be the same.

He had been a mess with his family Vaude, broken and alone, always in drop, even before it was fully confirmed that he was indeed an omega. Then he found his twin brother that had been either lucky or unlucky that he 'didn't look Vaude enough' as their father said. Lot of good that did, after all Finral presented as Omega and Ian ended up as a beta like their father.

The Gallaghers made his life better, a week with the crazy fucked up family and 5 year old him was out of drop and he made bonds with all of his half siblings.

He still had to live with the Vaudes, but every chance he got he went to his family. The family that loved him, the family that was messy, the family that wasn't rich and powerful, the family that was the reason he became a knight.

The family that had new members added after his mother dropped off a new kid in a bender, no one being able to catch her before she disappeared.

Daniel would only settle for anyone but Mikey, the man claiming that he didn't care but hadn't left the baby for long. Daniel's twin sister, Lila, seemed to attach herself to Finral.

It wasn't all bad, with everything that's gone wrong with their lives, they weren't in the thick of whatever the hell they were fighting with Asta gone. The house got a bit messed up but no-one died so all in all it was a win.

It was late, and he had taken care of most of the moving anything in the neighborhood after spending the whole day moving things and people around the capital. So with the adorable baby girl curled in her bright green blanket Finral flopped down as gently as he could into the recliner. The baby giggling like a maniac at her tired brother.

"Little monster, that's what you are." Finral mumbled at her, only getting louder laughter in return.

He couldn't help but smile at her as he positioned himself to be sitting criss-cross, his legs cradling her to rest his arms a little.

From what they could gather from the messy note their mother left, the new set of twins were almost a year old. Neither could walk, but Lila seemed to like to crawl at high speeds whenever given the chance, so she was often swaddled like a crazed prisoner. It'd have to do till they could get a cradle for her twin.

"Hmm, different from your usual outfit."

Finral looked over with a tired smile.

"Hey Gauche. Why're you up?" Finral asked, understanding why his sister went on a giggle spree as soon as he entered the bulls base.

"Couldn't sleep... are you going to tell them?" The mirror mage sat on the couch, offering his hands out, in turn getting the baby girl who giggled happily.

"No, I meant to teleport to the house. Guess I'm tired."

Gauche knew about everything. Finral's first 'manic attack' was on a mission that they had together, he noticed the signs immediately, making him teleport them to his family so they could help him. After that, he just became a part of their lives here and there, if Finral needed to talk about them then he'd talk with Gauche, and weather he'd ever admit it, Gauche liked to be around the chaotic house. Usually talking with Carol or Debbie about something, and recently Lila seemed to want to be around the bulls base, Finral and him hiding the baby the best they could.

"You stopped calling it home." Gauche pointed out.

"What?" Finral questioned, trying his best to be awake for longer than a few moments.

"Nothing, here." The 'grumpy' man moved him with one arm, surprising the sleepy omega for a moment before he was laid on the couch and given the baby back. "I'll wake you up later, get some sleep."

Finral could have sworn that he heard another voice as he drifted to sleep cuddling the baby.

The scent of grilled mango and cigarettes filled his senses before he couldn't feel anything but the baby in his arms.