Mine and Damon's Night

Elena's pov

I opened the door and stepped inside. Throwing my bag and jacket onto the coat hangers and turned to face the door. He was stood there facing me.

"What are you doing?" I asked arching an eyebrow.

"Waiting for you to invite me in."

I smiled at him " Damon, would you like to come into my home?"

"I would love to"

I stepped aside to let him in. He walked into my house and smiled thanking me.

"Are you hungry?"

"Now that you ask yeah"

"Okay then. Follow me and I'll get us some food. I fancy some ice cream"

"Me too"

He followed me into the kitchen not saying a word. I opened the freezer and looked at what we had in.

"Okay so we have Ben and Jerry's Cookie Dough Ice cream or Vanilla ice cream. What would you like?"

"Hmmm. I think I'll go with Ben and and Jerry's if you don't mind"

I smiled and took the tub of ice cream out of the freezer. I walked over to the drawer and took out two spoons, i turned to face him "You're lucky I like you" I said playfully pointing the spoons at him.

"Why's that?"

"Because I never share my Ben and Jerry's cookie dough ice cream with anyone"

"Well then i fell privileged"

"You should feel privileged" I set the tub of ice cream down on the table and motioned for him to sit down. He took a seat opposite me and i handed him a spoon.

We sat talking and getting to know each other for a couple of hours before we heard the lock click.

"Elena?! You home?"

"Yeah Matt! I'm in the kitchen"

"Okay!" he started to walk towards the kitchen.

"Hey Elena! Who's car is that out front?" he walked into the kitchen where me and Damon were sat.

"That's Damon's. Matt this is Damon. Damon this is my big brother Matt."

Damon stuck out his hand and Matt took it giving him a friendly handshake.

"I'm Damon. Elena's friend"

"I'm Matt. Elena's brother"

I moved over to my brother and he pulled me into a massive bear hug. When I had my feet firmly on the ground I looked at him. He looked exhausted. "How was work? You look exhausted"

"It was okay. My boss made me work overtime. I am exhausted."

"Why don't you go lay down for an hour?"

"I think I will do that. Can I trust you to be sensible while I'm asleep?"

I stared at my brother wide eyed. "Matt! Yes you can trust us now go!"

"Okay. Bye Damon. Nice meeting you"

"Yeah. You too Matt"

Matt turned and walked up the stairs.

"I'm sorry about him"

"Its okay. My brother is like that with our sister"

"You have a sister?"

"Yeah. Her name is Lindsay."

"Wow. How old is she?"

"Sixteen. She'll be in school tomorrow you can meet her then. I'm sure she'll love you."

Damon looked at the clock that hung on the kitchen wall.

"Crap"

"Whats wrong?"

"I need to get home. They're probably wondering where I am"

"Oh. Okay. I'll show you to the door"

"Thanks"

They walked to the front door in silence.

"Thanks for keeping me company Damon. And thanks for the ride home. I really appreciated it."

"No problem Elena. It was my pleasure. I'll see you tomorrow in school?"

"Yeah. See you tomorrow."

"Bye. Oh I almost forgot. Here" he handed me a piece of paper with numbers on. "My digits. Anytime you need someone to talk to, I'm here for you"

"Thanks Damon"

I stood on my tiptoes and put my arms round his neck. I felt his arms snake round my waist. I felt safe in his arms. I just wanted to stay there forever. When he finally pulled away I looked him in the eyes and smiled.

"I'll see you tomorrow"

"Yeah. Bye Damon"

"Bye Elena"