Finding Out

Elena's pov

I watched him leave in his car. As he left, it felt like a part of me went with him. I had no idea what this feeling was. Did I have a crush on the new guy? But it felt more than just some little crush. More powerful. I've had crushes before but none have ever been this intense or have come on this quick after meeting them. What was going on with me?

Matt.

I could ask Matt about this. I remember him telling me stories about mates or soul mates when i was little. I never truly believed in any of it, but what if it's all true?

I trudged upstairs to Matts bedroom door and banged on it loudly waking him up. I heard him groan as he walked to the door. He peeked his head out of the door. His hair was messy and his voice groggy from sleep. "Whats wrong?" he moaned sleepily.

"Do you remember those stories you used to tell me when I was a kid? The ones about mates or soul mates as you called them?"

He nodded slowly understanding where I was going with this. "I guess you should come in" he held the door open for me and I walked into his room. Pictures of our family hung on his bedroom walls. I sat on one of the armchairs he had in his room and he sat on the one across from me.

"Its Damon isn't it?"

"Whats Damon?"

"He's your mate isn't he?"

I shrugged my shoulders "I don't know Matt. I dont know anyone who's met their mate so I dont know what it feels like when you find them"

"You know mom and dad"

"Mom and dad are soul mates?"

"Yup. They wanted to wait until you were eighteen to have the conversation with you"

"I'm eighteen now"

"Exactly. You should ask them when they come in."

"You're right"

A couple of hours later my parents arrived home from work, I instantly jumped up and ran downstairs to greet them.

"Mom, dad we need to talk." they looked at each other and then at me with confusion.

"What about munchkin?" I looked into my fathers eyes but before I could speak Matts voice came from behind me "She knows about you two being soul mates"

My parents looked behind me at Matt with shocked looks on their faces. My mother nodded and she gave my father a knowing look. "It's time" he nodded at her words.

All four of us walked into the room and say down. My parents sat together on one of the couches and I sat on the other one opposite. Matt took a seat beside me.

"Tell me everything"

My mother started off the explanation. "You will know when you have found your soul mate. You will think its a crush but it is much more intense than a crush. Over time like a week or two you'll fall in love with them." I took a sharp intake of breath at her last sentence.

My father looked at me like he knew what was going on inside my mind. "You've found him haven't you? Your mate?" I slowly nodded "I think so"

"His name is Damon. He was here earlier on today. He's a nice kid."

"You knew as soon as you met him didn't you?" Matt nodded at my words.

"How?"

"I read his mind Elena. As soon as he shook my hand I knew"

"Oh my God" I buried my head in my hands.

"You need to talk to him. Tomorrow when I drop you off at school, you go find him and you tell him."

"What?! He'll think I'm crazy Matt!!"

"No. He won't!"

"Why?! Why the hell wouldn't he think I'm crazy? He's a human Matt!"

"No he's not Elena. He's not a human!!"

"Then what the hell is he?"

"He's a vampire Elena!! A vampire!! He won't think you're crazy"

A v...vampire??" he nodded at my question.

"My mate is a vampire?"

"Yes"