Chapter 18

Damon's pov

I watched as Elena paced back and forth across the living room of my home. The only sound in the room was the clicking of her heels. None of us had been expecting what had happened at dinner. Tonight was supposed to be perfect, for Elena. It was supposed to be an unforgetable night. Well that was true. I had told her that tonight was a suprise. Well what happened with Marcus certinaly was a suprise.

"Elena" she looked at me, i could still see the shock in her eyes.

"Damon. Wh....what does he want with me"

"I don't know. But it doesn't look good. I don't like the way he has been looking at you today"

"He had lust in his eyes Damon. Lust." her voice was breaking and she had tears threatening to pour down her cheeks. One slid down her cheek, then another. I stood up and walked over to her. I pulled her into my arms with her head on my chest.

"sssshhhh" i soothed her while stroking her hair. I let her tears soak into my shirt. When she stpped crying i pulled away and looked at her.

"Elena. I promise that I wil never let anything happen to you" i wiped the tears away with my thumb. "Lindsay, how come you didn't see this"

"I can't see the wolves, so if he decides to come for her then i won't be able to see it"

"I read his mind" we all turned our attention to Luke who sat next to Lindsay with his head in his hands.

"What?! You decide to tell us this now!!!"

"I know i should have told you sooner but trust me when i say you don't want to know what he was thinking"

"What was he thinking? You've brought it up so now you have to tell us."

"He thinks he has some wolfy claim on her. He wants to have sex with her. Whether she does it willingly or not. He wants to claim her. Mark her as his. Before you do" Elena went stiff next me. Everyone in the room looked at Luke in shock and then looked at me and Elena with worry. I have to figure out a way to keep him away from Elena.

............................................................

A/N: Hey guys, so I hope you are enjoying the book so far.

The next chapter will be in Marcus' pov from when he first saw them in the parking lot upto when he crashed their meal.