The Maquerade Ball (Part 1)

Elena's pov

Once we were all ready we went downstairs and into the kitchen.The boys must have been upstairs getting ready because there was no one else downstairs. Jordan put the radio on and turned up the volume. The Saturdays 'Notorious' started playing. Jordan went over to one of the cupboards and pulled a bottle of vodka out. Lindsay got a bottle of diet coke out of the fridge and four glasses out of another cupboard. Jordan poured some diet coke in each glass and then added some vodka and handed us one each.

"Uh. Elena"

"Whats up Molly?" the three of us were looking at Molly now.

"Would it freak you out if i told you that me and Matt are mates?"

"Are you kidding? I love it. I'm so happy for you" I jumped upa nd gave her a hug. I sat back down and held my glass in the air. The other girls hed theirs up aswell. "To us"

"To us" they all said in unison. We clinked our glasses together. We were talking about tonight and we were all on our third glass of coke and vodka when someone cleared their throat behind us. Me and Molly turned around in our seats and Jordan and Lindsay looked up at the doorway. The four guys were stood their in black and white tuxs with black masquerade masks on. "Wow. You four clean up nice" Molly said from beside me.

"They look like the three musketeers with a plus one. oohhh. The four musketeers, casual in the day and smart and sophisticated at night." We all giggled. The guys just rolled their eyes. We finished off our drinks and Jake turned the radio off. Us four girls got in the limo first sitting together. Me and Molly sat on one seat and Lindsay and Jordan sat opposite us. the guys got in next, Damon took a seat net to me, Matt was on the other side of Molly so we were in the middle of them. Luke who i now know is Lindsay's mate sat next to her and Jake sat next to Jordan so they were in the middle of them.

We were all singing to the music that was playing and being silly when the limo pulled up at the school. Jake and Jordan got out first, then Luke and Lindsay, then me and Damon and finally Matt and Molly. Everyone who was stood outside was looking at us. I looped my arm through Damon's and Molly, Jordan and Lindsay did the same with Matt, Jake and Luke. We all walked together through the entrance and to the gym. We could hear the music coming from the school gym from down the hall. We all entered the gym together, the four guys went to get some drinks and us four girls went to dance. The Saturdays 'Work' was playing. We danced togehter until the boys came and joined in. Damon grabbed me and danced with me. When the song finished we all had a drink. I stepped back and bumped into someone. I turned around "Oh my God. I am so sorry...wait Hayley?!" 

"Elena! You look amazing!!" she threw her arms around me and i hugged her back. I noticed there was a guy stood next to her when we puled away.

"You look good too. Who's your date?"

She looked up at her date. "This is Marcus you might know him" Marcus flashed a grin at me. He took m hand and kissed my knuckles.

"Hayley it was nice to see you again. Elena we should go find Lindsay and the others. I nodded at him, we waved bye to Hayley and Marcus and went to find Lindsay and the others. When we found them at a table at the back we sat down in the two seats that were left.

"Molly. You're brother is here" Molly looked at me with wide eyes.

"Where?" me, Damon, Molly and Matt got up and went into the middle of the floor and stared to dance. We were right next to Marcus and Hayley. They looked at us and smiled. Marcus' face dropped when he saw Molly with us.

"Molly?!" He yelled over the music, she turned around to face him and flashed him a smile and waggled her fingers at him and turned back to Matt and continued to dance. The Saturdays 'If this is love' started to pay and Damon grabbed my hand and pulled mr to his chest, he put one of his arms around my waist and the other had hold of my hand.

We were continued to dance until the end of the song. At the end of the song Damon span me around and i landed in Jake's arms. He looked down at me and flashed me a smile. "Hi." I smiled up at him. "Hey" we danced together for two songs. It was fun

When i had danced with Jake, Damon grabbed my hand from behind adn went to lead me back to the table but i bumped into a hard chest, i looked up and saw Marcus with a wicked grin on his face. He walked away and me and Damon followed him. When we were outside the gym doors Marcus stopped. "I had to get away from that dance and Hayley, she is so annoying. How do you put up with her?"

"Marcus, we are not here to talk about Hayley. We are here to talk about my parents and my baby sister"

"Right, them."

"Marcus, where are they?" he smiled at me.

"Why is my sister with you?"

"Marcus. Where are my parents?!"

"Why is my sister with you?!" he stepped closer to me. Damon put his arm in front of me. The gym door opened and Jake, Jordan, Lindsay, Luke, Molly and Matt stood there, they walked up behind us. "I see you've allied with the vampires sis. What i want to know is why?"

"Because they are my family Marcus"

"I'm your family!!"

"Maybe, but thees guys are also my family. You're mother isn't my mother. We have the same father but not the same mother"

"That's a lie. Dad would never cheat on mom"

"Yeah well he did. Jake, Damon and Lindsay are my brothers and sister and Matt is my mate and Jordan and Elena are like my sisters."

Marcus went for Molly but Matt pulled her behind him and Jake and Damon went for him and caught him. Two guys came round the corner and pushed Damon off him.Damon went flying into the lockers next to me. "Damon!!" i rushed to his side and helped him up. Next was Jake.

"Jake!!" Jordan ran to him and helped him up.

This wasn't going to end well.