A Princess's Life

Katherine's Perspective-

Katherine yawned as she got up.

Worry spiked up in her as she realized she was still wearing her fighting outfit.

She shot up and got dressed into her pink dress that was outlined in gold.

Just then, there was a knock at her door.

"Come in!" Katherine said, brushing her hair.

She saw her houseworker, Alice, walk in.

Alice wore a dress that had light pink flowers on it along with a white apron.

She had her strawberry-blonde hair tied up into a braid and wore a smile.

"Out hunting last night?" She asked, looking over at the black outfit that Katherine had messily thrown into her dresser.

Katherine turned red from embarrassment and Alice laughed.

"I have to, Alice. You know this."

Alice shrugged and said, "Your mother and father want to talk to you right now. Are you almost ready?"

Katherine put on her gold crown and then nodded.

Alice escorted her downstairs and Katherine saw her mother and father sitting down at a long dining table.

They were both eating and talking, but that ceased when they saw Katherine walk in.

"Good morning, Katherine!" Katherine's mother smiled, looking up at her daughter.

"Hi mom!" Katherine smiled, sitting down next to her mother.

"The princess of Dawn, Gem, is visiting later today." Katherine's father said.

Katherine nodded, "Yep, I remember."

Alice then placed a plate of pancakes in front of Katherine.

"Thanks Alice." Katherine smiled as she grabbed her fork and knife.

"I have to visit Scott after breakfast." Katherine said, cutting a bit of the pancake off.

"What for?" Katherine's mother asked.

Katherine shrugged, "He said that he needed me for something."

Her parents nodded and once she finished up her breakfast, she walked up to her room to grab her elytra before flying off. (Now look, I know Katherine doesn't have elytra, but I say she does bc that makes a lot of things easier for me. Okay? Okay :)

-

Katherine landed in the colorful kingdom called Chromia.

She looked around and smiled as she saw the llama garden.

"Hello!" She giggled as one of the llamas rubbed up against her hand.

"Katherine!"

Katherine jumped as she heard someone call her name.

She turned around and saw Scott flying down.

"Hi Scott!" Katherine smiled, "Sorry, did I come too early?"

Scott shook his head, "No, I just finished up the trade with Sausage."

Katherine nodded and Scott said,

"I was flying over the mangrove forest, you know the one that's been having weird fog appear, and I saw a house there."

"What?" Katherine asked, stunned.

Scott nodded, "Yeah. I went down to check it out and a girl answered it. She was wearing a mossy hat and had a frog on her shoulder. She looked really happy to see me and said that she was a witch who was meant to be helping us and that if we had any problems, we were to come to her."

"Huh. Weird."

Scott then started telling Katherine about this fedora that he found in his house and remembered himself wearing it when he went on adventures.

"And I just want it fixed up." Scott said, handing the fedora to Katherine.

She looked at it and then nodded, "I can get it back to you in a couple days. I'll send you a letter when it's done, and you can pick it up!"

"Great! Thanks."

Katherine nodded and then put the fedora in her bag.

"I gotta go, I have a meeting with Gem later."

Scott nodded and waved goodbye as Katherine flew off.

-

Katherine sighed as she entered her tailor shop.

She gasped as she saw someone else standing in there.

She was looking at the fairies, a fascinated look in her eyes.

She had a moss green hat on that had some vines and a pink flower on it.

She was also wearing a purple shirt and green overalls.

She had brown, shoulder length hair and the hair had highlights on the end of it.

There was a white frog in the overalls pocket along with a wand.

"Er- hello?" Katherine said, walking up to the girl.

She turned around and smiled.

"Hi!" She said, stretching out her hand, "I'm Shelby!"