Invitations

Katherine's Perspective-

The Next Day-

"Katherine, I need you to get up." Alice said softly.

Katherine groaned, "Five more minutes."

"Ms. Elizabeth, I have been covering you for the past hour! If you don't get up, I will have no choice but to send your parents up here."

Katherine opened her eyes and death stared her houseworker.

"Don't look at me like that! They have a big announcement for you!"

"But I was out hunting all night." Katherine groaned, shielding her eyes from the bright light coming in from her window.

"Well you should've thought about how you have to be ready today."

Alice then walked over to the door.

"If you aren't down in ten minutes," She said seriously, "I'll have to send your father up here."

Katherine shot her a look but Alice left.

Katherine sighed.

Guess I have to get up.

She got up and stretched, feeling sore from the night before.

She got dressed and walked downstairs, yawning.

She heard her parents talking in the other room and she quickly straightened her back and slapped her face a couple of times to wake herself up.

She then put on a smile and entered the room.

Her parents smiled up at her.

"Katherine, there you are dear! You've been writing that letter for some time." Her mother said.

Letter?

Katherine made eye contact with Alice and realized that this was her excuse for why Katherine was taking so long to come downstairs.

"Yes!" Katherine said quickly, "I had to write multiple letters. Sausage needed my help with something, I needed to get back to Scott about his fedora, and I had to reply to Gem's letter."

Some of those were actually true.

Sausage's letter about the battle, and Katherine sent Scott a letter about his fedora getting to him soon yesterday.

It was only Gem's letter that was a lie.

"Well we actually have more letters to send out!" Katherine's father said.

Katherine tilted her head, "Why?"

Her parents exchanged looks, both smiling.

"Because we're having a ball!" They both said.
Katherine blinked, "Why?"

"Well, your mother wanted to do something special for your upcoming birthday." Katherine's father said.

"But...why? I'm fine with doing nothing." Katherine said.

"We want to treat you. You've become so responsible in this last year, it's incredible." Katherine's mother said, hugging her daughter.

Katherine smiled.

"So today, we're going to be working on invitations!"

Katherine got an idea and asked, "Could I deliver them?"

Her parents blinked.

"Why would you want to do that?"

Katherine shrugged, "I don't know, I just think it'd be fun."

Her parents exchanged looks and shrugged.

"Sure." Her mother said.

Katherine smiled and got to work on the invitations.

'Hello! You have been invited to my birthday this weekend! My parents are putting on a ball and I would much appreciate it if you could make it. This weekend at 8-10 will be when the ball takes place! You are welcome to invite another person along with you.
I hope to see you then,
Katherine'

Katherine smiled at the letter and grabbed more paper to write more.

-

Katherine put the letters in everyone's empire and soon she only had one person left.

Shelby!

Katherine was flying over the endless mangrove, looking for the clearing that was home to Shelby's builds.

Just then, Shelby saw something colorful and landed.

She walked around and sighed when she noticed that all she saw was a giant statue of a witch.

Katherine looked around.

She got a creepy feeling as she saw fog that was very thick and seemed easy to get lost in.

Katherine saw the statue and assumed that Shelby must've built it, so she continued her journey to the Evermore.

This is creepy.

She also realized that the fog had gotten thicker as she'd approached the Evermore.

But when she got closer, it didn't seem that the fog was thick enough to hide the Evermore.

She heard Shelby talking in her house and knocked on the door.

Shelby peeked out her window and smiled.

Katherine laughed and waved back, and Shelby walked downstairs.

"Hey Katherine!" Shelby smiled, opening her door.

"Hey Shelby! I'm just here to invite you to a little party my parents are setting up for my birthday." Katherine said, handing Shelby the invitation.

"Ooo! Happy early birthday!" Shelby smiled, opening the letter.

Katherine laughed.

Shelby read it and her face turned pink.

"A ball?" She said, her voice cracking a bit.

"Er- yeah! My parents thought it would be fun. You don't have to come if you don't- "

"No, it's just I don't really know how to dance." Shelby said, looking embarrassed.

Katherine blinked, "You've never had to get dance lessons or go to a ball before?"

Shelby shook her head.

"You're lucky then. I've been having to get dance lessons since I was five."

Shelby giggled and they continued talking.

Eventually, the sun was about to go down and Katherine found it best to fly back before she got lost in the Evermore.

"I'll see you this weekend then!" Katherine smiled, waving goodbye.

"Y-yeah!" Shelby said awkwardly, her face pink as Katherine flew off.