Emil: Metal Plate

Emil walked the school halls like he did any other day, except that it wasn't any other day because the entire school now knows how creepy his family is. Imagine something like the Addams family but without any of the charm and funny moments. He considered himself as the "white sheep" of the family.

He didn't dress in black, he hated loud music, and absolutely despises anything that has to with creepy things like the occult.

Then, there's his older brother Sigurd. The complete opposite of him in every aspect. He likes black, listens to ear shattering music loud enough to make Emil's bedroom door vibrate, and spends his free time reading fairytales in the cemetery of all places.

As Emil was lost in his thoughts, his brother said, "-right here, I'm thinking about it. Emil, are you even listening?"

"Hm? What?" Emil replied, snapping out of his reverie.

"Another piercing on my right earlobe," Sigurd repeated.

"How are you so unconcerned with what happened? The whole school thinks that we're devil worshippers now," Emil said, his voice tinged with frustration.

"Listen, the more you focus on what others say, the more miserable you'll be. Is it even considered living if someone else decides how you should live your own life?" Sigurd responded."

He hated how right his brother could be at times. Though, this didn't stop Emil from listening to the gossips and comments thrown their way. He tried so hard to hide the true nature of his family, it's hard enough to make when you have a brother as intimidating as Sigurd.

Things didn't get any better throughout the day. People avoided them, thrown them harsh looks, some idiot even made a cross with his fingers when they walked by. He tried to close them off like his brother but the words were starting to get to him.

It only got worse during lunchtime when a group started reciting Hail Mary when they walked in. "Maybe we should leave-" Emil began to suggest.

"No. Don't let them get to you. A little prayer never killed anyone," Sigurd said.

"Hey, Bondevik! On the lookout for your next sacrifice!?" one of the bullies yelled.

"I would never show such disrespect as to offer up such useless and garbage lives as you people." Sigurd retorted, his voice dripping with disdain.

Emil thought that this situation couldn't possibly get any worse. That is until two people thought that it was funny to throw oil on their heads. "Huh? They're not burning like the movies said they would. I guess that we have to use holy wat-" the bully started to say before he was interrupted.

The sound of metal hitting flesh echoed through the cafeteria as Sigurd hit the boy in the head with a metal tray platter, sending him crashing down on the floor in pain. Everyone looked on in shock as Sigurd sat on top of him and kept delivering blow after blow. Emil knew more than anyone else what happens when his brother is pushed to his limits, so he wasn't surprised by the outburst.

His friend tried to jump in to defend him when a freakishly strong grip held him from behind by his collar, nearly ripping the fabric off. "Now, now," Mikkel said, his voice low and menacing. "You wanna start shit and when people respond in kind, you get mad?"

"Densen? I thought you had practice," he said, trying to sound brave despite his current position.

"I do, but I wanted to grab some lunch before the rush hour hit. Then, I stumbled upon this mess," Mikkel said as he released the boy he had pinned by the collar of his shirt. His usually charming smile was nowhere to be seen and was replaced with a scowl.

"You pissy-ass cowards," Mikkel spat, getting in the face of the group of students who had caused the commotion. "You wouldn't even think about doing this if me, Abel, or Berwald were around. You and your group, clear out!"

One boy from the group stood up, clearly ready to fight, but his friend quickly intervened, shaking his head and placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Don't do it. He'll have you laid out faster than you can spell your name," the friend warned.

Without another word, the group of students left the cafeteria, leaving behind a tense and embarrassed atmosphere. Emil had already left the cafeteria, feeling deeply ashamed of the scene his brother and friend had caused.