Elizabeth 2: Betrayal

Elizabeth entered the changing room and noticed that everyone stopped talking as soon as she arrived. She pretended not to be affected by their insults, but it still hurt. Ralph and Erika were the only ones who had not been sneering at her. She thought that the happy memories they shared meant nothing to them.

"What a pain in the ass," Elizabeth grumbled.

"You would know about that, wouldn't you?" a girl sneered.

Elizabeth turned around slowly and looked at everyone in the room with a smile on her face. "Which one of you lovely girls said that?"

No one answered, so she repeated her question. Still, no one responded.

"Cowardly bitches, that's what I thought!" Elizabeth slammed her locker and stormed out of the room.

On her way to the music room, Elizabeth overheard a group of boys harassing Roderich. She saw him being pushed to the side by one of them and decided to intervene.

"I'm sorry that you had to see me like that, Eliza," Roderich said.

"It seems like I'm not the only one who's been having a crap morning. Were you on your way to the music room?" Elizabeth asked.

"No, the band geeks kept pestering me. I'm on my way to the library. Would you care to accompany me?" Roderich asked.

"Why, of course I would," Elizabeth smiled.