Francis: Discovery

Warning: Mentions of abuse and domestic violence!

Francis winced in pain as he struggled to get up from the floor. His father, Baptiste, stood over him, throwing out all of his "girly clothes" that he had secretly bought. "No, please, those are mine," Francis begged, but his father only sneered.

"And throw out all of those fucking hair products and nail polish! I raised a boy!" Baptiste yelled.

"The only thing that you raised was your alcohol intake!" Francis retorted, surprising himself with his own bravery.

Baptiste's face twisted in rage. He delivered a powerful punch to Francis, sending him flying onto the bed. Francis rolled off the bed and onto the floor, wincing in pain.

His father continued the assault, kicking him repeatedly in the back. Francis tried to curl up into a ball to protect himself, but the blows kept coming. He wondered how long it would last, and whether he would survive.

Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the beating stopped. Francis lay on the floor, gasping for breath, bruises forming on his body.

"I was the reason why your mother didn't abort you. Remember that the next time you want to be a smartass," Baptiste said coldly before storming out of the room.

Francis spat up blood and struggled to his feet. He stumbled to the bathroom, using the walls to support himself. He looked at his reflection in the mirror, seeing the bruises and cuts that marred his face.

Tears streamed down his face as he realized that he had nothing left. His mother was gone, and his father had just taken away the one thing that gave him comfort. He had nowhere to turn, and no one to turn to.