Jealousy

Yu's POV:

"It was definitely her," Kanji says, slamming his hands down on the table.

"I think you're right," Yukiko nods slowly. "Our Inn often sells magazines with her body in the image... It's pretty much an exact match."

"It's probably not even true," Yosuke scoffs, folding his arms.

"You really wanna take that gamble?" Chie frowns.

"I say we all go visit her," I nod.

"I'm with you, Senpai," Kanji grins.

"Sorry, guys, but me and Yukiko already have plans," Chie shrugs.

"Just go on without us," Yukiko says. "Make sure to inform us of what goes down, got it?"

"Sure," I smile.

"How about I go see her?" Yosuke suggests. "Then you and Kanji can..."

"Me and Kanji can... what?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"Geez, he just doesn't want you there, Senpai," Kanji scoffs.

"...It's probably nothing," he repeats, his nostrils flaring.

"Stop acting like such a kid, Yosuke," Chie frowns.

"We should prolly go now if we wanna see her," Kanji shrugs.

"You're right," I say. I turn to Yosuke, who is still pouting. "...You coming?"

"...Yeah," he huffs. "Whatever."

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

I can't believe they figured it out so fast.

I mean, yeah, I want to save Rise-chan, but I want to be her hero. Dammit.

Why is it always about him!? Why does he get a say in everything!? He gets anything he wants.

I just want a girlfriend. I just... I just want someone. I need to show off to him. I want him to be jealous. I want him to be so jealous that he completely explodes, and yells and snaps at me.

I don't know why... I just want to have the upper hand.

But... I'm the one who's jealous.

I mean... Right now, he and Kanji are walking side-by-side, laughing and giggling with one another.

It must be pretty embarrassing for him, though. I mean... He's got Kanji at his side. Kanji, who's at the center of all rumours around town. Kanji, who's Shadow we saw. Kanji, who admitted he liked guys.

Isn't Yu ashamed of himself?

I bet Kanji even has a crush on him, too. Fuck. Why does he get everyone!?

Not that I want a guy to be in love with me, but still.

I'm just dreading to see him when Valentine's rolls around.

~~~

Yu's POV:

"Uh, excuse me, are you Risette?" I call from over the counter.

The figure turns with a sigh. "It's... just Rise. Oh!" Her expression changes when she sees Yosuke.

"H-hey," he waves shortly at her, a small smile on his face.

"Hey," she smiles.

"Uh... You two know each other?" Kanji asks slowly.

"Are these your friends, Yosuke-kun?" She says.