Satisfied

Yu's POV:

"Well, we should get going," I say, putting away the last of the dishes.

"Come on, man," Yosuke sighs. "You don't gotta go home."

I blink. "Yeah... I do...?"

"But-"

"Listen, Yosuke," I shrug. "We'll be okay."

"But... Dojima-san-"

"He's harmless." I hope.

"I'm worried about you," he admits.

I bite my lip. "Yosuke..."

"Just stay the night. Please?"

"Dojima-san would never allow it."

"My Dad'll text him, or something."

"...And Nanako?" I frown.

"She can stay, too."

"Yosuke, where are we going to sleep?"

"Me and you... Well, I could get out the spare futon for you."

I squeeze my eyes shut, the memory of that night reappearing in my head. The fool I made of myself.

"And..." He begins. "Nanako-chan and Teddie can stay downstairs."

"But-"

"Sleeping bags, pillows, the couch... What more could they want, right?" He chuckles.

Why is he so adamant on me staying? Is... he really worried? Does he seriously think Dojima-san will do something?

I know he's being ridiculous, but... I don't mind this much attention from him.

"...Fine," I breathe.

"Sweet," he grins. "Come on." He grabs my arm, leading me upstairs.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

"Do you need any help?" He asks.

"Dude, I think I can manage," I chuckle, watching as he moves out of the way for me to fit the futon in the room.

I push it up against my own when he stops me.

"What's the matter?" I frown.

"...I just think it would be good to... Have space," he mumbles.

"...Sure, man," I shrug.

Is... this 'cause of last time?

Sheesh... Getting all touchy-feely with him is probably what put him off the idea of staying again.

"Alright," I smile, finishing setting up his futon. "How about a game, eh?"

"What kind of game?"

"Ehh, dunno," I say. I gesture to my stack of video games. "The choice is yours."

~~~

Yu's POV:

Seriously, what's so important that he has to pause the game for it?

I grit my teeth, watching as the controller bounces on his knee as he texts.

I don't want to be the type of guy to point it out. Especially not when it makes him so damn... happy.

But... He wanted me to stay here, so why isn't he paying attention to me?

I know that I sound like some needy kid, but it's a fair argument, right?