Light Being Shed

Yu's POV:

I really gotta stop looking, but...

God, he's perfect.

I turn the brightness up on my cell, looking at more of his beautiful body.

He's definitely gained more muscle—on his arms and chest alike.

They're still small, but that's what is expected. Even so, they're growing.

He needs to gain a little more weight around his hips, but... Damn.

If it were anyone else, I wouldn't say it's impressive. But it's Yosuke.

He's doing everything he can to impress this girl. I admire it.

I can even see the bottom half of his smile. It looks genuine—not seductive at all.

Because this isn't like him: showing off his body isn't like him. Yeah, he's all for seeing a girl's body, but... until Yuna, he's never really tried to impress anybody.

It's like he's trying so hard to be the guy he thinks she wants. But she doesn't want that. She wants the idiot that smile belongs to.

"Narukami? You almost finished?" Adachi sighs, knocking on the door.

"Almost," I call out, turning off the showerhead.

I just needed an excuse to be in private for a while. All just to look at him.

I feel nauseous.

I'm in love with an image that was never meant for me.

~~~

Yosuke's POV:

"Second time in one day?" Kats scoffs through my headphones. "I don't think she wants a gym rat, Yosuke."

"It'll all be worth it," I hum.

I spread my fingers up my shirt. I can feel the lumps of muscle starting to grow.

I smirk.

"I need something poetic," he sighs.

"What?" I scoff.

"Something for an essay," he mutters. "Though I doubt you'd know anything of the stort."

"What about that one proverb?" I suggest. "It goes like... 'The moon shines pretty, doesn't it?'"

"You mean... 'The moon is beautiful tonight, isn't it?'"

I can only imagine the disgust on his face.

"Yeah," I shrug.

"Where'd you get that one from?" He chuckles.

"Yu said it in class one time," I murmur. "Stuck with me, I guess."

"Hm.. It might work, actually," he says. "Thanks, man."

"Maybe I should take an English degree," I tease.

"I wouldn't go that far."

As I'm passing down the street, I turn to look at the Dojima resistance.

Just by habit, I think. Every time I used to pass, I'd look up to see if Yu was in.

This time, I notice his bedroom window is open.

I frown, 'cause it's bound to have been like that for weeks now.

I look down the road, but no one's there.

What if someone has broken in?

It would be easy enough, considering the height. That, and the window isn't even on a latch.

How Could You? (Souyo)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara