SOUL•COUPLE: THIRTEEN

Starting Over

—+×+—

"I am booooreeed!"

Beomgyu trailed off frustratedly as he dropped the book he was supposed to be reading on his face. He was currently laid sprawled on one of the couch inside Taehyun's work room.

Taehyun giggled at this as he arranged his papers on the desk. He took a peek at the mop of brown hair that was resting on the couch's arm rest. A groan echoes in the room once again and Taehyun can't help but to coo inside finding it cute.

"I told you that you can walk around now. The guards already know who you are so they won't chase after you like last time." Taehyun chuckled as he took his quilt and started writing something down.

"I know but, they only knew me as your 'friend' and we both know that's not true." Beomgyu pout as he took the book of his head. Taehyun stopped his writing and looked towards the laying brunette on his couch and sighed.

"You know we can't do that yet. We need to take it slow and steady so people can get used to your sudden appearance out of nowhere." Taehyun explained feeling bad for forcing this on Beomgyu.

He doesn't want people to find Beomgyu suspicious in a bad way which is why he wants to start it off slow and not immediately reveal that their King is already married out of nowhere with someone that's from another universe. No one can handle such news that easily.

Hell, even Taehyun is unsure of his own feelings. Sure it's already in his instinct to love Beomgyu but he knows deep down that's only just his soulmate talking and not directly from his heart. That is why, he wants to make a fresh start with Beomgyu by being friends and getting to know each other.

Beomgyu then rolled off the couch and stood up. He left the book on the couch as he strides towards Taehyun who was surprised by his actions. He stopped in front of the desk with hands in his pockets as he looked down on Taehyun with a done look. Taehyun raised his left brow confused.

"What? Needing permission to leave?" He jokes but Beomgyu only kept a serious gaze on him before leaning down. Taehyun backed away into his seat feeling somewhat nervous by Beomgyu's quiet stare.

"Taehyun," Beomgyu's deep voice called out to him which sent shivers down his spine. He blinks confusedly at the older.

"As much as I am bored right now, I already made a promise that I won't leave your side until you finish your work. Remember, you promised me a date after this." He assured firmly with a smirk. Taehyun cheeks flushed.

Right, this morning, Beomgyu suddenly asked him out on a date. A concept that Taehyun just learned where two people who have mutual feelings with each other go to spend time alone together to strengthen their bonds together.

At first Taehyun was skeptical of this since he was unsure of Beomgyu's feeling towards him and his own feeling to the older. But Beomgyu said that it can also be starting line for those who want to get close to the other person.

Another word, the date is a like a testing ground for them to try their feelings on each other and see if they do share the same emotions. That emotions being love.

With that reason, Taehyun agreed on having their date but unfortunately Taehyun has his king's duties to do so they have to postpone it to late afternoon once Taehyun's done.