SOUL•COUPLE: SIXTEEN

• The 'Middle' Pt.2 •

—+×+—

Taehyun searched high and low for his honey but Beomgyu was nowhere to be found anywhere in the castle. He halted his hasty footsteps at the castle's main entrance and folded his hands over his chest, humming in wonder.

Where did he go? Taehyun asked himself as he glanced around the empty entrance as if there were any clues left here by Beomgyu.

"My child, what is bothering you?"

Taehyun perked his head up by the voice. He knew who it was obviously and hummed somberly as his reply.

"Grandfather..."

The voice belongs to none other than one of the great founding beasts of this world, his great ancestor, the true embodiment of Darkness and Night, the true Moon, the White Dragon.

Or what Taehyun known him by as 'grandfather'. Every descendants of the great White Dragon can still connect with the beast's soul since they have his blood runs in them. But when it comes to communicating with the great Dragon's soul, only a chosen few were gifted with that connection. Mainly those you will ascend the throne.

Taehyun sighed as he went back up the stairs that was directly placed in front of the entrance door through a long hallway.

"Are you perhaps looking for the boy, child?"

Taehyun stops midway on the stairs as his eyes widen in surprise.

"Grandfather, knew?"

The deep voice of the dragon chuckled at Taehyun's baffled reaction.

"You are my beloved child, I always watch over you through the bad and the good. Including all your lies and your truths."

The dragon pointed out which made Taehyun to laugh awkwardly at that. So, that means his great dragon grandfather has watched him doing trouble in life as well as staying to all the embarrassing moments.

Wait, does that mean he was also present during his and Beomgyu's s—

"I hope you're not too disappointed in me." He laughed sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck. His cheek slightly red from his dirty thoughts before. Let's just pray old grandfather can't read his mind.

"What is there to disappoint? You've done nothing but good things for your kingdom and your people. No one is more worthy of the crown than you, my child."

Taehyun can't help but to smile at his praise as he felt his chest all warm and comforting. Just then, Taehyun flinched in pain as he felt a sharp sting from his ring.

"Seems you found your answer."

Before Taehyun could asked what he meant, the diamond on his ring start to flicker a bright blue glow. Not long later, the glow suddenly shines blindingly making Taehyun to close his eyes.

The glow stops after a few seconds and a sharp ray of blue light came beaming out from the ring to his front in a form of a straight line. Taehyun slowly opens his eyes after he noticed the blinding glow of light was no more. His eyes widens when he saw the blue light outstretching into a thin line in front of him through the closed entrance doors.