Chapter 12: Give Me One Chance

Kaiden's POV

Wednesday evening

"Are you doing homework?" I paused in the open doorway to Kiya's room.

She looked up from her book.

"It's called reading, asshole. You should try it sometime." She said

"Nah. I'll leave the nerd shit to you." I said

"Yes, because reading is soooo nerdy. What do you want?" She said

"Mom said it's time for dinner." I said

"I'm not hungry." She said

"Don't care. She said we both have to come down." I said

"Why?" She asks

"No clue." I said

I glanced around Kiya's room and resisted the urge to roll my eyes.

My perfect sister's room was immaculate. The space held a queen sized bed, a huge bookshelf, a dresser, a vanity for her makeup shit, and a glass bedside table with a crystal chandelier. Everything was neat and tidy, and nothing was out of place.

"Why are you still here?" She looked up from her book and glared at me.

"Just soaking in all the nerd energy." I said

She picked up her pillow and chucked it at me.
It landed on the floor about a foot away from where I was standing.

"Nice throw." I laugh

"Fuck off." She said

I bit back a smile as she slammed her book closed and tossed it onto the bed next to her. Pissing Kiya off was my favorite thing to pass time. It was so easy. She wore her emotions on her sleeve, and I could always tell when I was getting under her skin.

"Get your ass downstairs so dad doesn't get mad at me for you being slow as fuck." I said

"Yeah, right. Like he'd ever get mad at his perfect baby girl." She swung her legs over the side of the bed and stood.

I glared at her, biting back the anger that flared through my system.

My perfect, straight A sister, the golden child of our fucked-up family.

"Hurry the fuck up." I said

I turned away from her door and walked down the hallway to the stairs.

My phone buzzed in my pocket, and I pulled it out as I grabbed on to the railing and started walking downstairs.

Jayden: party at Red's tonight.

Kaiden: I'll be there

I shoved my phone back into my pocket and headed toward the kitchen at the back of the house.

"Where's Kiya?" Dad asked from his seat at the head of the table, as if he were king of the castle.

"Coming." I slid into my seat

"She's probably studying." Dad gave me a pointed look. "Getting a jump on her winter classes."

Mom smiled at dad and dad looked at her with disgust. Which made her drop her head low.

"Kiya" dad said.

"Hi daddy" She said

She slid into her seat next to me, her eyes on her plate.

"We're glad you're both here" Mom said.

"Soooo.... We're eating as a family because?" I ask

"Are we not allowed to eat as a family?" Mom asks