Chapter 29: Back To Strangers

I put my gun that Xavier gave me on my 21st birthday in my silver Channel bag.

I fixed my dress making sure I didn't get blood on it. I simply unlocked the door walking out of the bedroom.

I walked down the staircase, walking towards the restroom that's when someone grabbed my arm forcefully pushing me into a wall.

I looked up at him, he looked beyond pissed.

"Where the fuck were you?" Ares asks not caring who seen or heard him

"I was looking for you" I said

"Don't fucking lie to me Kiya, I'm not an idiot. Who is he?!" He practically yells

"You're causing a scene" I said

"A fucking scene!? I wouldn't cause a scene if you'd tell me who the fuck you disappeared off with" he said

"Ares...you don't trust me" I said

"Don't fucking turn this around on me Kiya!" He yells

"Ares" I said

"We're leaving now!" He walks away quickly

I follow behind him like a lost puppy. On the car ride back to Ares's house he didn't say a word to me. He was mad at me and I didn't want to make it worse by apologizing. When we arrived back to his house I went upstairs into Ares's room to change getting ready for bed.

I woke up in the middle of the night to Ares not in the bed, he didn't even sleep beside me.

I hate when he's mad at me.

I understand why he thought I was with a man, Sophia destroyed his trust but I know he's trying to trust me it's just hard for him to do so.

I would never hurt him, he's all I've got left. He's my first love and like he said on our first date back in high school he'll be my last love.

I got up from the bed I threw my hair up in a high curly bun when I finished I left the room walking downstairs towards his office. I opened the door to Ares's office slipping into the room shutting the door behind me.

He was laying down asleep on the couch in front of his desk. I walk over crawling on the couch laying my back against his chest instantly I felt his arm snake around my waist pulling me closer to him.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you...I just can't lose you again" he said softly

"You won't" I closed my eyes

I woke up in Ares's bed, I don't remember coming back upstairs. Ares was in bed asleep on his stomach shirtless.

I leaned over kissing his cheek. As soon as I was about to get up one of Ares's guards Antonio come rushing into the room

"Boss!" He said loudly

"Im tired get the hell out" he said

"It's about Artemis" Antonio said

Ares lifted up his head "What did he do now?"

"He's dead boss" Antonio said

"Did I hear you correctly?" Ares asks

Antonio nods "Yes boss"

Ares gets up out of bed putting on his shirt that was on the floor and left out of the room with Antonio.

A day later

"KIYA!" Ares yells from the top of his lungs.

I got up from bed in only my pajama shorts and a black hoodie. I walked down the hallways and downstairs, into his office shutting the door behind me.