Chapter 22: I Need You

Ares's POV

"Sofia Rossi. What do I owe you for this pleasure?" I smirk.

Her cheeks flood with color as she glances at her friends. "I don't go by that name." Her words are low and clipped, but even over the music, I hear them.

"I go by the name Sofia Smith." She bristles.
I let my grin widen.

"Do you now?" I glance down at her friends.

"Are you married?" The thought sends me almost spiraling.

The pulse flickers in her neck, and her eyes plead with me.

I wave my finger at her. "Is he at this table?"

"I'm not married. It's my mother's maiden name."

Too much relief wipes out the murderous thoughts of only seconds ago. How can she flip a switch inside me? She always had the ability. I didn't think after years, she could hold such power, but she still does. I have more control now, and I won't let her know that. So I grin and stare at her.

She bites her lower lip before shrugging. She has no idea how to process this moment. I could help her out, but this is too much fucking fun.

"I heard you left and went off to France." I said

She grits her teeth. "Please, don't." Her gaze turns watery, and my temper flairs. She left me, she broke my fucking heart, and she's looking at me like I did her wrong.

Typical fucking woman.

Always the victim.

One of my security men touches my shoulder. I reel in my anger and glance at him. "Alessandro is here to see you, sir."

I face Sofia, who looks ready to cry. "The drinks are on me."

"For the table," I tell my security.

"No." Sofia yelps as I walk away from her. I wonder how it feels to see my back and wonder if this is the last time she will ever see me.

It should be the last time.

I need to cut her off, but that's not going to happen. I already feel it. I need to punish her for what she did to me. And her uncle attacking my business gives me a good reason to keep an eye on her.

I couldn't reach her when she skipped off to France, but she's back now, and I will make it my business to destroy Sofia.

Alessandro is in the VIP area with a bottle of champagne. He's my father's brother, and I inherited their blue eyes and blond hair.

"The devil dressed like a god," Alessandro says the minute I arrive.

"I would beg to differ, Alessandro. I'm sure in your lifetime you've done some bad shit." I said

Alessandro grins and lights up a cigarette.

"Ares" Sofia said walking up to us.

"Long time no see Sof" Alessandro smirks

I pulled Sofia off to the side "What I'm in the middle of something"

"I just-" she was cut off by my phone ringing I quickly answered.

"Sorry cousin she can't stay with me anymore she's fucking my my energy always sad and crying and shit"

"Where the fuck is she?!" I almost yell

"At this point I don't know and frankly I don't care anymore"

"Artemis find her, I swear to god if anything happens to her you're dead to me" I cursed under my breath hanging up.