Chapter 27: No One Left To Blame

Kiya's POV

I climbed out of bed feeling stiff and tired. After a quick trip to the bathroom, I go in search of Ares.

I've only been back here in Italy for two days now but it feels like months.

He's not in the gym room, but an elegant middle-aged woman is cleaning in the kitchen area. The sight of her stops me in my tracks. She has short brown hair and clear blue eyes she wears a plain white tailored shirt and a black pencil skirt. She smiles broadly when she sees me.

"Good morning, Miss Perez. Would you like some breakfast?" Her tone is warm but business like, and I am stunned.

I'm only wearing Ares's t-shirt. I feel self conscious and embarrassed by my lack of clothing.

"I'm afraid you have me at a disadvantage." My voice is quiet, unable to hide the anxiety in my voice.

"Oh, I'm terribly sorry - I'm Mrs.Smith, Mr.Gonzalez's housekeeper."

"Would you like some breakfast, ma'am?" She asks

"Just some tea would be lovely, thank you. Do you know where Ares is?" I ask

"In his study." She said

"Thank you." I said

I walked off toward the office, I poke my head shyly round the door. He's on the phone, facing the window, in black pants and a white shirt.

"We're not carrying dead weight... I don't need any more lame excuses... Have Rio call me... I want to meet him this afternoon to discuss... Okay. Transfer me back to Daya... " He waits, staring out of the window, master of his universe, staring down at the little people below from this castle in the sky. "Daya... "

Glancing up, he notices me at the door. A slow, sexy smile spreads across his beautiful face.

He continues his conversation, his eyes never leaving mine.

I notice a man sitting in front of the desk he stands up turning around looking at me up and down is disgust.

Zeus

"The least you could do is put on some actual clothes" he said

"Last time I checked this isn't your house it's Ares's" I said

"That smartass mouth is going to get you in trouble one day" Zeus said

"Clear my schedule this morning, but get Shana to call me. I need to talk to Mikey...Tell Shawn to deal with it... No.... Which event?... That's Saturday." Ares ignored us continuing his conversation on the phone.

"I'll need an extra ticket because I have a date... Yes Daya, that's what I said, a date, that's all." He hangs up.

"Good morning, beautiful" Ares said

"Good morning" I smile shyly.

He walks around his desk with his usual grace and stands in front of me. He smells so good clean and freshly laundered. He gently strokes my cheek with the back of his fingers.

"I didn't want to wake you, you looked so peaceful. Did you sleep well?" He said

"I am very well rested, thank you and I just came to say hi before I had a shower." I said

I gaze up at him, he leans down and gently kisses me, and I can't help myself. I throw my arms around his neck.

Pushing my body flush against his, I kiss him back he responds, a low groan in his throat. His hands slip into my hair and down my back to cup my naked behind, his tongue exploring my mouth. He pulls back.