Chapter 35

Rafe waited outside the room, and his mind was filled with questions and doubts. He didn't know what to expect, and his heart was pounding. He couldn't help but wonder what Reanna was doing there, holding that man's hand.

However, as he waited, he tried to remind himself of all the reasons why he had feelings for Reanna. He knew that she was a strong and independent woman who could make her own choices. He trusted her and believed that there must be a good reason why she had come here without telling anyone.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the door opened, and Reanna walked out. Her eyes were red and puffy, and she looked exhausted. All he wanted to do was to wrap his arms around her.

Reanna knew that she had to tell Rafe the truth about her feelings for Enrique, no matter how difficult it might be. She had always valued honesty in their relationship, and she didn't want to keep anything from him. Rafe was a good person, and he deserved to know the truth.

She took a deep breath and approached Rafe. As she emerged from the hospital room, her eyes were still swollen from crying. As she walked towards Rafe, she instinctively wiped her tears, accidentally knocking her engagement ring off her finger. The ring rolled away and came to a stop at Rafe's feet.

Upon noticing the ring on the ground, Rafe's picked it up, feeling the metal band with his fingers. As Rafe picked up the ring, Reanna took a deep breath, steeling herself for the conversation that had to take place. She knew that she couldn't keep the truth from him any longer.

When Rafe returned the ring to her hand, she could feel the weight of his confusion and hurt. She struggled to put the ring back on her finger. She felt overwhelmed by her emotions, fixated on the symbol of her engagement to Enrique. Though she loved him, she didn't want to hurt Rafe.

Touched by his feelings for Reanna, Rafe reached for her hand to help put the ring back on, noticing the bandage he had tied on her ring finger on her left hand the other day. But before he could do so, Reanna pulled away, accepting that Rafe and she could not be together. And he should know as soon as possible.

Rafe watched Reanna carefully, his mind racing with questions and confusion. When she spoke those words, "You can't put this ring on. This is my engagement ring with Enrique," he felt like he had been hit in the chest. The ring slipped from his fingers, clattering to the ground.

Reanna slowly picked up the ring, and she struggled to keep her composure. She knew that revealing her engagement to Enrique had shattered something between her and Rafe forever. Despite the pain, she knew she needed to tell him everything.

For a moment, they stood together in silence, the weight of the moment palpable. As Reanna slipped the ring back onto her finger, Rafe's eyes met hers. He could see the mix of emotions in her gaze: confusion, hurt, and a glimmer of hope. Unable to bear the weight of it all, he looked away.

Rafe's heart pounded in his chest as he looked at Reanna, his mind spinning with a thousand emotions. He couldn't believe that she was engaged to another man. Everything they had shared, all the moments they had spent together, suddenly felt like a lie.

His voice was anguished as he demanded to know what she was doing. He had thought they were on the same page, that they were slowly building something real between them. But now, he realized that he had been fooling himself. Reanna was living in a completely different world.

Engaged?" he repeated in disbelief. "You're engaged to someone else?"

Reanna's voice was filled with regret as she confirmed what he already knew to be true. "Yes, Rafe," she said, her eyes filled with tears. "I'm so sorry. I never wanted to hurt you."