Chapter 21

Feeling much more relaxed after what Anaya did. In order for me to learn more about Aryan's talent for singing, I requested that he take me to his next class or introduce me to any of his students who could provide me with feedback. Luckily, he was going to perform in the next few hours at a small family get-together. It was an anniversary party where he also gave singing lessons to a girl, so without wasting any time, I told him that I would be a silent observer, but I wanted to come along with him if that's not a problem with his pupil. He said he would confirm it as the girl who'd given him the assignment would not mind, and he had met her when a helping owner of an NGO introduced him to her.

I went along with him to meet and understand what kind of strategy I would require to help them. When we reached the venue, it was a massive mansion on the city's outskirts. As I got out of the taxi, some dust particles got into my eyes. I was trying to wipe my watery eyes, but to no avail. So, when we reached the front porch, the butler opened the door and welcomed us inside. He informed us that the madam was not feeling well, so she would not take the class today, but since Aryan mentioned that he would like her to meet someone, she'd join them in a few minutes. We could wait in the living room. He showed us the way. Inside, the decor was a sophisticated mix of modern and antique. The outside windows showed the sign of a setting sun, and soft piano music came from a room nearby.

I asked the butler to show me to the washroom so I could properly wash my eyes as it was getting worse. I excused myself and went inside the house to use the bathroom, and then finally decided on how to go ahead with all of this.

......

Rafe strode through the doorway and slammed the car's door behind him. How in the hell had he gotten mixed up with all that and missed this? He charged up the driveway and into the house. He had to rush from his work after receiving a message from Rob.

Today was the launch of his new shipping line. He savoured the swell of satisfaction in his chest. His team had overseen the operation and had ensured the launch was like clockwork. He hadn't expected anything less. As he patrolled the terminals, keeping an eye on every last detail, he and his team put in long hours to make it happen. In the last few months, he and his team had accomplished a lot, and he was proud of their work. 

Then he got a message from Rob that he should reach home as soon as possible. He left everything on Carl, his second in command for this vertical, who's more suited to riding a Harley than sitting at a keyboard. But right now, his mind was racing to focus on something far more critical than any of this.

He received another message from Rob in which he stated that everything was fine. He took a deep breath, and his phone rang. He raised the phone to his ear, and the call was from Carl, "Boss, you missed the launch party. We have been waiting for this for years. Where have you been? There are so many people waiting for you."

"Sorry, Carl, but---" he forgot what he was about to say and involuntarily removed the phone from his ear as he entered the house. The intense feeling of Reanna's presence surrounded him. No, she is not here. By now, she's probably relocated to a different country. His mind is again playing tricks on him. He doesn't want to think about her. He pushed the thought away and looked again at his phone. He told Carl that he would call him back in a few minutes. He would need to get his mind straight first.

His thoughts were crowded with flashes of Reanna again, crowding his thoughts... the day she was crying in his arms in the hospital corridor, sobbing, "I can't handle this anymore, I am broken from inside, I am tired, I can't do this anymore...", her teary eyes in the hospital.

She waited for him in the church while he found her praying, her hands folded with such innocence on her face and a smile on her lips when she talked to that kid on the street as if she had known him for ages.