Mat Barzal

Summary: Mat takes Y/N to an Islanders after-party, and Mat can't resist her.

!Warnings!: Public event setting, party

Requested: barzallover13

Word count: 1179

Mat's Pov:

I sighed as I stood outside the club, on my phone-texting Y/N.

princess 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨💕💍

hey baby, where are you?

I'm almost done getting ready, gonna order an Uber xx

you sure you don't just want me to come and pick you up?? xo

I'm sure baby! hang out with the guys!! <3

alright, text me when you're in the Uber, I love you

okayy Maty, I love you too xoxo

I stood outside the club for a couple more minutes before exhaling and decided it was probably time I get back inside; the guys were probably wondering where I was. I mean, after all, we were there for an after-party. We had a huge win against our enemy team-so naturally, we had to celebrate.

After showing the bouncer my ID he gladly opened the door, I was then aware of just how loud the music was inside-not only that but people were shouting over the music. I shoved my way through the sea of people just to find my teammates in the corner of the room, drinks in all of their hands.

"Finally Mat, thought you died for a second!" Pierre shouted over the blaring music.

"Sorry, I was texting Y/N!" I shouted back.

Any more of this shouting and I would have a headache. "I'm gonna go get a drink," I mumbled knowing no one heard me. I pushed through the crowd once more and finally reached the bar-sadly-all the seats were taken, so I stood.

After I ordered my drink, my back pocket buzzed.

I pulled out my phone;

Y/N texted me.

princess 👩‍❤️‍💋‍👨💕💍

hey baby, where are you?

I'm almost done getting ready, gonna order an Uber xx

you sure you don't just want me to come and pick you up?? xo

I'm sure baby! hang out with the guys!! <3

alright, text me when you're in the Uber, I love you