𝖎𝖓𝖙𝖗𝖔: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖇𝖗𝖊𝖆𝖐𝖚𝖕

┊ ┊ ┊

┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚

𝙖𝙣𝙖𝙜𝙖𝙥𝙚𝙨𝙞𝙨

-𝘯𝘰 𝘭𝘰𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘳 𝘧𝘦𝘦𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘯𝘺 𝘢𝘧𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘺𝘰𝘶 𝘰𝘯𝘤𝘦 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦𝘥

┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚

DECEMBER 11, 2021

(2 YEARS BEFORE THE PRESENT)

HAECHAN knocked on his girlfriend's apartment with a sad look. He couldn't believe he would do this to the only person who understood him despite her not working in the same environment as him but he knew this was the only way he could save not just himself but for her safety too.

That was when the girl opened the door and looked at him in confusion. She wondered why he would go to her apartment all of a sudden despite the cold. But then again, it was two weeks before Christmas so she wondered what he wanted.

"Hyuck, you're here. Do you need anything?" she asked.

"Hi, Eunsook. Can I tell you something?" the idol replied in a hesitant tone.

Eunsook was surprised that her boyfriend didn't call her Babe, Honey, or Sook but instead called her by her actual name however she brushed it off because it wasn't every day that Haechan called her by her name.

"Sure. I'll go make you some cocoa," Eunsook said bringing him inside her apartment but Haechan didn't move a single bit.

"No need, I'm sure you'd want to hear this outside."

"Ok but let me get my scarf first," she said as she went back to the house to change to her winter outfit.

┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚

THE two finally reached outside the apartment building Eunsook was in. For some reason, Haechan took her to the alleyway that separates the building from the next place to it. Not that many people go there. In fact, some of the people in this town don't even know that this alleyway existed.

Eunsook didn't know why her boyfriend took her to a place like this, probably to hide himself from the paparazzi. She didn't care about this since there are times when he would meet her in the most secluded places and she was used to it.

"What's this all about Hyuck? I've been seeing you look down the entire time we were on our way here," she asked in concern because she felt that something was not right.

The idol sighed for a while before he said what he wanted to say to her.

"Eunsook, I'm breaking up with you."

Was she hearing this right? Her boyfriend breaking up with her? Why? Was she not pretty enough? Was she not enough for him?

"I'm sorry, what?" she replied trying to check if she heard him correctly.

"I'm breaking up with you. This... is over," Haechan said as his hesitant tone from before went back.

"But why?" the girl said as tears started pricking out of her eyes.

"It's just... this relationship won't work out, Eunsook, and I know you're better off with another man. I'm not meant for you and we live in two different worlds, this type of idol and non-idol relationship won't work out for either of us but before I officially leave you, I'm here to tell you one thing; I hope you live the best life even if I'm not with you anymore, this is goodbye," he added as he left her there all alone in the alleyway.

I'm sorry, Eunsook but this is the only way.

"But Haechan-," Eunsook said as she was about to reply to the man but before she could say another word, he disappeared.

After that, she knelt on the ground with her eyes that were spiraling from the darkness that was currently consuming her.

Eunsook had to admit, she loved him so much. She loved Haechan not as the person he shows people as but as the person he is deep inside, she wondered why she would want to break up with him. Has she done anything wrong? Did she do something that made him want to end things with her?

But then again, she was blinded so much by Haechan's love. She thought that both of them were really meant for each other however, it seems that she keeps forgetting that Haechan was still an idol and she was just an ordinary girl. There was definitely some beautiful girl he saw at his job that was way above the looks Eunsook had. After all, the idol industry is filled with beautiful girls and boys whose looks are way over the top.

Whatever the reason was, Eunsook just couldn't help it as she went home with a dejected face and tears that were pricking out of her eyes looking like she was about to cry.

Why did she have to experience this? Especially since it was just two weeks before Christmas.

┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚

HOWEVER, the reason why Haechan broke up with his girlfriend was more than just what he said. It wasn't the full truth. He knew that if Eunsook ever found out the full story of the breakup, she would go insane.

┊ ┊ ┊. ➶ ˚

I'm back with another story

I'm back with another story. Probably my first time writing a breakup story.

Anyways, any thoughts on the prologue?