Chapter 8

The brunette quickly sat up as he glanced around the nightstand beside the bed. He groaned in annoyance, absentmindedly pushing his hand gently through ginger locks before answering his phone.

"What do you want Fyodor? It's 3 am in the morning."

"Not that you actually sleep at all."

"You're sadly mistaken, I was sleeping."

"Nevermind that, Ango gave me news that he managed to clear your whole record along with Chuuya's. Thanks to his friend. He's fast, in 1 month."

Suspicion rose in the brunette, "What friend?"

"He knew you'll ask that. Someone called Oda Sakunosuke."

"But he's in the mafia."

"Friends go a long way, Dazai. I'll call you later, have your beauty sleep."

With that, the russian hung up and left Dazai with his own thoughts. A smile crept up the brunette's face as he muttered a soft 'thank you' to his friend.

His first friend at that.

---

"Odasaku...do you want to do double suicide with me?"

"I thought that was reserved for a beautiful woman?" The red haired male took a sip from his wine.

"But you're my friend. I rather suicide with a friend. All the woman are rejecting me anyways."

A chuckle was heard from the other.

"I rather not die yet. Maybe after I've finished writing my novel."

The brunette smiled as he too took a sip of his whiskey.

"I can't wait to read your novel."

A hum from Oda as he smiled.

"Will you do anything for me, Odasaku?"

The taller raised a brow. "What's with that sudden question. If it's to lend you money again, then no."

Dazai laughed, "No..." he paused as Oda finally glanced at the other, sensing something wrong.

"Will you save me if you could?"

The red haired frowned slightly before he nodded without hesitation.

"Of course I would. Isn't that what friends do?"

The brunette's eyes lit up as a big smile flashed on his face. He side hugged the red haired.

"I know you would."

—-

A small, nostalgic smile plastered itself on Dazai's face. He went under the covers and his hand wrapped around the ginger beside him.

Chuuya, upon feeling that, stirred awake and glanced at the brunette who gave a small peck on the ginger's forehead.

Humming in content, the ginger snuggled closer to the brunette and soon fell asleep once again.

---

The two lovers were just out of bed and were making breakfast before the brunette quickly shoved the ginger into the storage room.

Chuuya raised a brow at the younger and was about to ask what happened only to shut himself up when he heard the main door bang open.

"I want everyone searching every corner of this house."