Chapter 18

As the brunette calmly woke towards the mafia hallways, the same hallways he has walked, crawled and ran through for many years. This hallways, clean and tidy yet held many painful and happy memories for the brunette.

Dazai fished out his gun and ge placed some extra bullets in. He strolled into the office he had always reported to. This place held nothing but despair and blood. He would so much as love to bomb the whole building up but he had a better plan in mind.

"Lad, please cooperate with us..." Dazai glanced at the pink haired lady, her katana on her hand. She frowned when she saw Dazai had ignored her.

She approached the brunette fast, swiping her weapon down hut Dazai easily dodged and soon enough,  the mussel of the gun was firmly placed on Kouyou's temple. The lady smiled and sheathed her katana, moving away from the gun as she bowed elegantly.

"I know I had no chance against you. Mori's in the back."

The brunette gave a smile of his own, which surprised the pink haired lady. That boy never smiled when he was in the mafia. Not at anyone except Chuuya. A genuine smile and not a smile which says,  'I'm gonna rip your heart out'.

The pink haired lady atepped to the side, allowing Dazai to pass.

The brunette went past in a breeze, silently thanking Kouyou.

---
The raven haired turned, his hands clasped behind his back. He turned to smirk at the other.

"Dazai-kun, it seems you won this time. Are you going to Bury a bullet into my skull?"

The brunette smirked back, "No, of course not. I felt that killing you would be much less than you deserve."

Mori's brow raised, "What do you mean?"

Dazai raised a panel with a single red button on it.

"I'm going to die with you, I'll  get to torture you in hell as well..."

Without hearing the other's reply, Dazai's finger pressed down onto the  button. Mori's eyes widened as he stumbled backwards.

The building bombed up, fires started enveloping the whole mafia base, devouring furniture and humans with it.

"Time to end the mafia, at least for you, Mori-san." Dazai smiled at the raven haired who looked in shock at the brunette.

"You...you want to leave you beloved Chuuya."

"By doing this, I'll be protecting Chuuya and that is my top priority.

Mori clicked his tongue, looking for an exit.

"Just accept your death Mori-san...at least you won't die alone."

And soon enough, the fire spread to the level the duo were in. Dazai gave one last smirk to Mori before the ceiling collapsed onto him and Mori.

---
Chuuya's felt a shock spread through his body. He immediately stood up, which surprised Yasano who looked at him, confused.

"Dazai...I shouldn't have left him... we need to go back."

"You shouldn't do that Chuuya, you'll get injured again." Kunikida rejected the idea but the ginger ignored it. He took his coat from the chair and went out of the ADA, Kunikida sighing but following. The rest of the ADA members following as well.

All of them arrived at the mafia base a few minutes later and they were all in shock. The building was up in flames, half of the building had collapsed onto he ground. Chuuya caught a glimpse of pink hair and he quickly hurried over to Kouyou.

"I'm sorry my boy. He's gone. He sacrificed himself to save all of you."

Chuuya felt his heart drop as he fell to the ground, his jelly like legs ciiodnt support him anymore.

"Dazai wouldn't. He can't. After all we did." Chuuya mumbled, Kunikida looking uncomfortable as he glanced thought all the rubble.

"There's still a chance, Chuuya-san! Let's all search." Atsushi said optimistically. He quickly went ahead of everyone, Kenji and Kyouka following behind him. Kouyou looked sadly at the fading teenagers.

She brought the ginger into a hug.

"He did it for your don't waste it." The pink haired lady supported Chuuya up to his feet but she knew the ginger had lost all hope already.

He nodded solemly, walking towards his juniors in front of him, hanging onto all their optimism, praying to every god out of there to help Dazai.