Chapter 9

It was all running but Dazai was nervous. Mori was onto him. If he killed Ango, Fyodor, or worst...Odasaku

Dazai didn't want to think about it. He massaged the his temples as Xhuuya continued driving down the road. It was midnight and there were few cars on the road. Despite that, both of them couldn't let their guards down. The Hunting Dogs won't rest until they're both dead.

Dazai sighed as he thought of the many possible predictions of what Mori could do.

His attention quickly turned to Chuuya who screamed out of a sudden. He looked at the road in front of them as his eyes widened in shock.

There in front of them was a supposed to be dead Tachihara. The red haired was standing right smack in the middle of the road. Dazai blinked a few times, for once not believing his eyes.

He survived the bomb. How?

They only saw Tachihara running towards the car and Chuuya was too shock to start the car. The red head slammed himself on the window separating him and the duo inside the car.

Bow that Dazai ahd a closer inspection, a part of Tachihara's face was burnt and charred. He definitely got caught in the expulsion.

That's when something hit him.

"Hunting Dogs..." Dazai mumbled to himself as he urged Chuuya to drive, the ginger hesitantly reversed and drove the opposite direction.

"Why is he alive? He should be dead."

The ginger ranted as he looked at Dazai who was deep in thought.

"Something in mind?" The ginger asked.

"The Hunting Dogs are known to have inhuman experiments to make the strongest members. Tachihara didn't die from the explosion. Looking at his burnt skin, he should be dead by now. Is there a chance that he's one of them?"

That made Chuuya shudder. "There's a chance."

The brunette frowned. "Mori's onto us. We need to get out of Yokohama for a while."

The ginger nodded as he glanced outside the rear mirror and something caught his eye. He stepped on the break which startled the brunette. Chuuya climbed to the back seat and narrowed his eyes when he saw a small object, blinking red. He would've missed it if he had not looks closely. He plucked it out from the gap of the car door and the seat and passed to the confused brunette. Dazai scrutinised the object and quickly threw it out of the window. 

He quickly got out of the car and upped  huuya out of it and quickly ran into a nearby alley. Dazai explained while dragging Chuuya through the alley. "That's a tracker." 

The Ginger's eyes widened as he replied, "What should we do? We can't communicate with Fyodor either."  

The brunette hummed before stopping and taking a breather. "We can go to the shipping container but it's probably wrecked by now."

Chuuya sighed as he slid down the alley wall. "There's no way to escape the mafia."

The brunette sat beside the ginger as he hugged the ginger in a comforting manner. "We can do this. Just one more month and we're free." 

The ginger frowned slightly, "Will we be really free though? You know how persistent Mori is."

The younger's smile disappeared, "I'll think of something."

Just then, a voice echoed through the alley way. 

"Excuse me, you two. Are you alright? This part of Yokohama is abandoned."

The brunette pushed his hand into his pocket, about to take out his gun but stopped when he saw the person opposite of them. Dazai whispered to the ginger, "I got a new idea. Play along." The ginger nodded slightly as the brunette pressed a hand at his healing wound. 

"Sir, please help us." Dazai made his voice sound hoarse and Chuuya had to say,it was convincing.

A blonde, upon hearing that, quickly rush towards the duo. 

When he saw the two, he quickly checked in with them. 

"Did something happen?"

Chuuya looked down at his two feet and let his lover to the job.

"We're being hunted by the port mafia becasue of a debt of my parents."

The blonde nodded firmly before introducing himself. "Well, I'm Kunikida Doppo from the Armed Detective Agency. How about I take you to my office and we'll solve things from there?"

The blonde showed his indetification card. The brunette nodded solemnly, "That'll be a big help, thank you."

He struggled to get up, pushing himself off from the wall as Chuuya supported him with Kunikida helping.

—-

The trio made it to the ADA office and Kunikida asked the duo to stay outside as he tells his co-workers what happened. The brunette and Chuuya nodded in agreement as the blonde went into the office.

He was immediately greeted by a white haired teenager. The others came welcoming him as well. Fukuzawa who was talking to Yasano also came to greet the younger. 

"President, I found two men at an alley way. They claim that they're being hunted by the port mafia."

The silver-haired male turned his attention fully tot he blonde and gestured to bring the duo in.

When the ginger and brunette came into the room, Fukuzawa's eyes widened.

Dazai mirrored the other's expression but quickly composed himself, smiling weakly. He mentally cursed at himself as the president ushered them into his office and shutting the door quickly.

Everyone was curious but got back to work.

The brunette's smile dropped and Chuuya, noticing that, moved slightly behind the brunette as if he wants to hide himself behind Dazai. 

"Dazai Osamu, why are you here?"

Dazai smiled menacingly, "Like I've said escaping the mafia."

"I thought you were Mori-dono's favourite kid? Why are you running away?"

The brunette shrugged, standing fully in front of the ginger, "They're trying to kill us both so anyone with common sense will run."

Dazai's smile turned to a blank, emotionless face. Fukuzawa narrowed his eyes as he crossed his arms. "I have an idea which can keep you and you friend safe."

The silver hair man pointed at the ginger.

"Shoot."

"You join the ADA."