Chapter 10

"Join the ADA?" Dazai reconfirmed what he had heard.

"Yes. It will give you a stable income and allow both of you to be under ADA protection."

The brunette considered the pros and cons. He glanced at the ginger who gave him a 'whatever is best' look and he nodded.

"Very well. We'll be great help to you."

The silver hair man let out a rare small smile and passed some forms to the duo. "Sign these and you can start working here tomorrow. ADA supplies you with dorms as well."

Dazai and Chuuya bowed and gave their thanks before walking out of the office with Fukuzawa announcing.

"ADA, we are having new members, please introduce yourselves."

The brunette mentally sighed, what has he gotten both of them into? However it was better than being alone and continuously running from the mafia. He put up a cheerful big smile and introduced, "I'm Dazai Osamu and this..."

He points to Chuuya, giving the ginger a reassuring smile.

"Nakahara Chuuya." The shorter said.

The brunette smiled and intertwined his hand with Chuuya's. He knew the ginger was uncomfortable with this situation. Since, the other time he introduced himself was in the mafia and it wasn't really a pleasant experience.

Everyone greeted them and shared their names. The brunette and ginger just nodded alone the way. Dazai wasn't really paying attention while Chuuya was but didn't look like he was. They were new to this kind of enthusiasm, especially from the people they will be oworking with. A big difference from the port mafia.

Soon, after they all introduced themselves, Dazai's eyes narrowed as he observed all the ADA members. He sighed mentally, knowing everyone's characters but put up a smile.

As long as he and Chuuya could be protected from the mafia for a few months. After a years at most, both of them will quit the ADA and from there, he'll start planning once again.

With all the enthusiastic welcomes and introductions, it was time to go back home so everyone said their goodbyes and left the office after final tidying up.

--

As the brunette pushed open the dorm door, he wavered before nearly falling if Chuuya had not caught him.

"I told you not to overdo it." The ginger supported the weakened brunette into the dorm, closing and locking the door behind him.

Dazai just mumbled an apology as Chuuya leaned the other against a wall first before pulling out a futon that was supplied in the dorm.

After he laid the younger on the futon, the ginger went on a self tour around the relatively small dorm.

Thankfully there was a kitchen and there were medical supplies in the toilet. He pulled the box out of its compartment and rushed back to the taller who was already dozing off.

The ginger hardly saw the other sleep unless with him. He thought it might've been a sleeping disorder but he realised that it was because of his alertness and not having a peace of mind.

Unbuttoning the other's shirt, he quickly removed the used bandages and gauze which had spot of blood but thankfully not too much. Afterwards, he reapplied the gauze and bandages which made Dazai grunt slightly. He apologised softly as he continued wrapping the white stirps over the wound.

He has done this so many times that he could close one eye and still be able to layer every bandage perfectly.

The brunette seemed to always have an injury, either by protecting him or...self harm. However, Dazai stopped that a few months ago, a year even since Chuuya begged him not to.

It was Dazai's job to plan and sometimes fight and it was Chuuya's job to help him afterwards. The ginger sighed softly to himself upon seeing that Dazai already slept. From the wound, he can see that it's healing good but it will still take a few more months before the wound fully heals and Dazai can move normally. Not like he couldn't before but Chuua knew the brunette could hide his pain well.

The ginger rubbed his eyes wearily. He decided to sleep on the couch, not wanting to disturb the brunette. Chuuya couldn't really sleep, he was constantly contemplating about his 'new' life in the ADA. He hoped it will go well, but he couldn't trust it. No one could blame him either, the one and only organisation he was taken into was the port mafia. Which wasn't really the best environment to work in.

To add up to the list, Mori was a hateful person and the only person he could trust was Dazai and another executive, Kouyou but she was always busy. He worked his way up to an executive role with just his strength and maybe with a bit of Dazai's help for giving him the important missions.

Most of his job was spying and assassination and sometimes if they're lucky, partnership with each other.

The ginger's eyes snapped open as he felt a cold yet gentle and warm hand on his own.

His brain took a few seconds to process before he quickly jerked forward and held the brunette's hand tightly and exclaimed, his voice hoarse, "You should be laying down."he must have been very tired, he didn't even realise that the taller was awake.

Chuuya led the younger back to the futon and supported him to lay back down. However, the ginger wasn't expecting to be pulled down along wtih the other.

The ginger was about to support himself again before a soft and gentle voice stopped him, "Don't worry, love. We're safe from the mafia if we're in the ADA. After the mafia dies down, we can start living our life again."

Chuuya at that moment, as if he had lost all his energy, he collapsed onto beside the brunette. He hummed as he hugged the other. Dazai's eyes softened as he pushed his hands through Chuuya's silky, ginger locks. Afterwards he took a few locks and twirled it around his finger and kissed it gently before kissing the other' lip. He was trying his best to comfort Chuuya

He knew. He could not only sense it but he could see it too. He noticed how the ginger slouched as they arrived to their dorm. He saw how Chuuya wasn't confident in introducing himself. His initially vibrant ocean blue eyes suddenly turned to cold icy ones.

Thankfully, Chuuya wasn't the type to stay emotional on minor things. With just a little encouragement, the ginger was already snuggled against the other, fully relaxed.

Both were anticipating what will happen tomorrow.