you belong with me

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

𝐬𝐮𝐦𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲.

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚***•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Luna Hayes was definitely totally, undeniably, explicitly screwed.

For years, she had been put in the spotlight next to her best friend, Mary Jane Brooks. Mary Jane was an actress, best known for her role on Euphoria, and Luna was a popular streamer on Twitch that had a rapidly increasing music career. Neither of them cared if one was more famous — Luna adored Mary Jane, and Mary Jane adored Luna. The two were twin fire signs — they took on the world together in a wildfire burning in shades of red and orange.

There was just one thing that Luna resented Mary Jane for, and it was her own damn fault.

Luna had been friends with Noah Brown, also known as Foolish_Gamers, ever since she heard about him on Twitch. The two soon discovered that they both lived in North Carolina — Luna lived there with Mary Jane — in the houses next to each other. Luna's bedroom window faced Foolish's bedroom window, and they often communicated by writing things on pieces of paper and showing it through the glass that separated them.

Foolish rapidly became one of her closest friends, and as the days went by, she found herself falling more and more for him, because he just got her. However, when she introduced him to Mary Jane, the two immediately hit it off, and before Luna had any time to breathe, they were dating.

It was such a stupid, schoolgirl resentment for her best friend. It wasn't like Mary Jane knew about Luna's crush, because she never told her. Yet, in a whirlwind of streaming, writing songs, and trying get over someone, Luna starts to notice that the once smooth-sailing relationship turned rocky, now troubled by crashing waves that she couldn't pinpoint the cause of. It was like the littlest things set each other off, leaving to multiple heated conversations.

Both Mary Jane and Foolish cling to Luna for help, not realizing that even though she hadn't done anything, she was truly the one causing a wedge in their relationship. Foolish realizes that his smile that could light up the whole town wasn't as bright when he was with Mary Jane, and walking in the streets in his worn-out jeans with Luna was so easy. She was the one who understood him and was there the whole time, and he would be damned if he gave that up.

And hidden, written on a piece of paper hidden underneath her bed and tattooed across Luna's heart, were the words you belong with me.