1 | I just can't come between 'em, they got their own thing

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER ONE
typical tuesday night

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

THE LAST THING Luna Hayes wanted to hear in her room on a typical Tuesday night was the sound of yet another argument.

Luna wasn't sure when the arguments started, or why. It just seemed that all of the sudden, two of the people closest to her in her life — Mary Jane Brooks and Noah Brown, also known as Foolish_Gamers — who had been dating for months just started to argue, and argue, and argue. The only time they really weren't was when Mary Jane appeared on Foolish's stream, or when they were all hanging out together with a distinct note of tension between them.

It was strange, truly. Mary Jane wasn't the one to argue just for the hell of it — she was usually calm and collected. And Foolish . . . well, Foolish did a lot of play fighting. Luna had an inkling that Foolish had probably said something in his own sense of humor, the one that she always got, and it set Mary Jane off for some reason.

That was why Luna was lost in her head. Ever since Mary Jane and Foolish had started dating, it sort of felt like Luna was left to the side on the bleachers, even though the two made every effort to include her in things. Luna had this big, stupid, pathetic crush on Foolish ever since she laid eyes on him on her computer screen, and it only increased when they actually met in person after discovering they lived literally right next to each other. It was just the icing on the cake that he started dating her best friend. Not that it was Mary Jane's fault — she didn't know about Luna's feelings.

There was just something different about Luna and Foolish, though. Anyone who saw them or heard them together could see that their bond was deep. They had their own little thing — not like that, because the thought of hurting Mary Jane actually killed Luna inside. Luna seemed a little brighter around him, and Foolish's loud nature softened around her. They just got each other more than anyone else, and it seemed like they should be dating, but they weren't.

Luna wanted it. It sounded incredibly selfish, and it fucking was, but she wanted to be the one Foolish wrapped up in his arms, she wanted to be the one to be on the receiving end of his kisses, she wanted to be the one that he said I love you to. Yet she wasn't, and she had to live with that. She just had to live with the fact that it would be Mary Jane he would do all of that with, and that had to be okay.