10 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER TENthe only one who's got enough ofme to break my heart

CHAPTER TEN
the only one who's got enough of
me to break my heart

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

"I'LL BE HONEST, looking at you got me thinking nonsense, cartwheels in my stomach when you walk in . . ."

Sabrina Carpenter's voice blasted throughout the kitchen as Luna and Mary Jane moved around, putting away groceries in the fridge and cabinets. It was another typical Tuesday night in North Carolina — except for the fact that Luna hadn't streamed today, instead switching it out for grocery shopping with Mary Jane.

"This song is so unserious, it's genius," Mary Jane commented, shutting the fridge. "Put me in a writing session with her."

Luna raised an eyebrow. "I put you in a writing session with me one time, and all you wanted me to do was write a song about the house plant you wanted but didn't buy."

"That's a valid song, and you know it."

She laughed a little. "Sure, MJ." Luna pressed up onto her toes and placed some more food on the shelves of the cabinet. "I'm talking opposite of soft, I'm talking wild, wild thoughts—"

"Wild, wild thoughts?" a familiar voice repeated, and Luna could practically hear the smirk in his voice. "What'cha mean by that, Lunes?"

Luna turned, her cheeks feeling warm. Foolish was standing there in the doorway — how he managed to sneak in without either of them noticing, Luna didn't know. Behind him were Karl and Nolan, giggling at something on Karl's phone even though Nolan was holding a stack of pizza boxes.

"Not my lyrics," Luna replied. "I write sad songs."

"Luna does have a talent for writing the most gut wrenching songs," Karl cut in, looking up from his phone.

She gestured to him. "My point stands."

Mary Jane put her hand on her hip. "Did you seriously just walk in unannounced, uninvited, again?"

Foolish smiled innocently. "I have no idea what you're talking about."

Mary Jane shook her head. "I knew I should've never given you that key."