14 | there's holy ground beneath them, and sparks fly when they kiss

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER FOURTEENsay my name and everything juststops

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
say my name and everything just
stops

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

LUNA PACED AROUND the kitchen of Foolish's house, her AirPods in her ears and her guitar in her hands. She was listening to voice memos of herself singing the song she was perfecting, and right now she was strumming along to figure out the right chords. The song in question was called The blue, which out of all the songs she was writing was one of the only true love songs. She wasn't really sure how she came up with the idea for the song — it just popped into her mind one day.

The only reason why she was here, instead of pacing around her own bedroom, was because Mary Jane wanted to film a self tape for an audition with Nolan's help. In order to not have any distractions, Mary Jane asked Luna to leave for just a little bit, which was fine with her. Her and Nolan basically traded places. Luna hadn't planned on streaming that night — because she had managed to stream last night after her and Foolish cleaned out her closet.

She tilted her head in thought, strumming an A minor chord at what are you doing to me now? It sounded right, so she paused her voice memo and wrote Am down next to those words in her song book. Luna played her voice memo again, switching to a G chord then an F chord for the rest of the line. She nodded to herself before pausing the memo again, writing down the chords. Luna then wrote x2 next to them because the line repeated twice. Luna pressed play on her phone again, and her own voice sang you came out of the blue like that.

"Lunes?" she heard from behind her over the silence of her headphones.

She glanced up, and just as she locked eyes with Foolish, her own voice sang, "I never could've seen you coming, I think you're everything I've wanted . . ."

Luna paused for a moment. Foolish had a backwards snapback on, keeping his long hair away from his face, and was wearing a red and black shark hoodie. However, his appearance wasn't the full reason why she froze. She was smacked in the face with the sudden realization that every lyric that she had come up with so far on this song was about him.

Well, shit.

"Oh, hey," Luna greeted, trying to keep the shakiness out of her voice. She paused her voice memo and took out her AirPods, putting them back in their case. "I didn't interrupt your stream, did I?"