6 | their past is cold and empty, they know it's been enough

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER SIXI don't like anticipating my face in a red flush

CHAPTER SIX
I don't like anticipating my face
in a red flush

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

"LUNES?" TINA CALLED, her voice echoing from where the beds were to the bathroom. "We've got two more minutes."

"Coming," Luna replied.

Luna stood in the bathroom of her shared hotel room with Tina in San Diego, tying the two front pieces of her hair back. It was the first official day of TwitchCon, and Luna had flown into California the previous day with Foolish and Karl. Just as Tina had said, they had a couple more minutes until they had to go meet up with Foolish and Sam and go downstairs to start the day. The only thing Luna really had to do was put the bow in her hair — a black ribbon, paired with a sheer black tank-top that had flower designs on it and a pair of jeans.

She tied the bow around her hair and left the bathroom, smiling at Tina. "Ready."

"You look like an angel," Tina told her, and Luna felt her smile widen — God, she loved Tina. "Do you know if your boy is ready?"

Luna's eyebrows knit in confusion as she grabbed her bag and slung it over her shoulder. "My boy?"

"Foolish."

She rolled her eyes slightly, her cheeks feeling warm as she went over towards the door. "He's not my boy, T."

"I would beg to differ," Tina argued. "He always listens to you, which is pretty incredible, because he never listens to anybody else."

"Did you just happen to forget about MJ?"

"I could never forget about MJ." Tina shut the door behind them, the two walking down the hallway to where the elevators were. "It's just . . . you two are different, y'know?"

There was something about the knowing glint in Tina's eyes that made Luna's mind spin momentarily with panic. Her eyes widened and she averted her gaze from Tina, her face feeling warm in a red flush. There was no way that Tina knew — Luna hadn't told anybody, but was she really that obvious? She had done nothing but try her hardest to hide everything related to her stupid stupid crush on Foolish.

Luna was snapped out of her thoughts once they got closer to the elevator, where two voices were chatting with each other. One was unmistakably Foolish, and the other one was somebody that Luna had only encountered on Discord before but had never met in real life — not until now.