22 | he laughs at her eyes, at her smile, at the glasses on her face

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOthere's glitter on the floor afterthe party

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
there's glitter on the floor after
the party

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

ONE FLIGHT ACROSS the country later, Luna, Noah, and Karl found themselves in LA, staying with the Roomies. The best part about it — besides seeing everyone — was that they would be in LA for Noah's birthday.

Luna had thought long and hard about what she was going to get for him. After a lot of careful consideration, since Noah didn't seem much like a material guy, she decided to get him . . . a song. And no, it wouldn't be like that one episode of Victorious — this was a song that actually mattered, one that she had told him about and specifically wrote about him. Luna had fully recorded a version of The Blue on her phone, just her and the guitar. She would send him the actual version when she recorded and produced it with Aaron next month.

But, that was tomorrow's thing. Right now, they were at the OfflineTV house, having a party for him since they had other plans on his actual birthday the next day. Luna was in the kitchen with Jodi, Noah's cake resting on a paper plate. The others were by Jodi's room, laughing and chatting with each other.

"Jo, do you have a candle?" Luna asked.

Jodi looked around for a moment before reaching out and grabbing a random wooden stick off the counter.

Luna immediately started laughing. "Jodi, that's a chopstick, not a candle." She started to laugh harder when Jodi began to laugh as well — to be fair, Luna may have had a bit to drink. "We're going to burn the house down."

"I don't see any better option," Jodi said, getting a lighter out from the drawer. "Light it up!"

Luna sighed through her giggles, sticking the chopstick in the middle of the cake. "Okay, if you say so."

She picked up the plate carefully and walked a little bit towards the others. Luna nodded to Jodi, who sparked the lighter and held the flame up to the chopstick. Instantly, the top of it ignited.

"Happy Birthday to you," Luna and Jodi began loudly as Luna walked out carefully with the cake. Everyone immediately joined in. "Happy Birthday to you. Happy birthday dear Foolish—" Luna will admittedly say she said Noah "—Happy Birthday to you."