23 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER TWENTY-THREEbut if he's a ghost, then I can be aphantom

but if he's a ghost, then I can be a
phantom

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

time jump to february!

REAL LIFE

IN ALL HONESTY, Luna had no fucking clue why she said yes to Sam and Colby when they asked her to join them on a ghost investigation.

Well, actually, yes she did. It was kind of a chain reaction — Karl would only do it if Noah did it, Noah would only do it if Luna did it, and Luna would only do it if Mary Jane did it. So now it was just their big group of four going on a ghost investigation with Sam and Colby.

Not to mention that it was two days before her album, Good Riddance, was going to be released. Great timing, right?

Luna was scrolling through her phone, hanging out with the others while Sam and Colby filmed their intro. She suddenly heard a hum.

Luna glanced up. "What'd you say?"

Mary Jane frowned. "None of us said anything."

"Wait, what?" Karl asked. "No, I heard that. That wasn't any of us?"

Mary Jane then suddenly gripped Luna's arm, her eyes wide. "Luna."

Luna glanced up, only for a full blown shadow figure to appear, only to disappear in the same second. Her eyes widened as well and she moved closer to Mary Jane.

"Sam?" Luna called. "Colby?"

After that fiasco, they gave more time to Sam and Colby to film themselves before it was time for their intro. They moved further into the building, the only light source being the bright one on top of the camera.

"Tonight, we are here with Karl, Noah, Luna, and Mary Jane," Colby announced.

Karl laughed nervously. "Pretending to be excited but actually so scared right now."

"I don't know who thought it was a good idea for me to do this two days before my album comes out," Luna admitted.

"Oh yeah!" Colby exclaimed. "By the time this goes up, it'll be out. Go stream it."