16 | even at their worst, they know they'll still be okay

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER SIXTEENand I became hypnotized by freckles and bright eyes, tongue tied

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
and I became hypnotized by
freckles and bright eyes, tongue
tied

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

AS MUCH AS Luna wanted to march across her front yard right after that, Foolish was still in the middle of streaming — MCC, no less. She wasn't sure how barging into his streaming room with a declaration of feelings while he was playing Grid Runners with his team in front of thousands of people would go, so she held herself back for now.

Luna had taken some time to freshen up to fill the time. She had gotten in the shower, washing all of the dried tears off of her as the warm water soothed her head. Luna got changed into a pair of comfy clothes, which was just black leggings, the red crewneck she had kept from cleaning out her closet, and black slip-on shoes.

As Luna brushed her wet hair out, she got to thinking. So, yeah, maybe she was completely and utterly stupid. The messages through the window, the gravitating towards her after a fight, the note left on her pillow, the stars he let her draw on him to calm down, the attention given to her, the kiss he initiated . . . there was no way Foolish didn't like her back. Call her dumb, call her whatever, but she had just been to blind to see it until now because she had only been focused on Mary Jane. And possibly the fact she couldn't fathom how someone like him could actually like her back.

Whatever. Sue her.

Out of her entire life, there was absolutely no one that made her feel the way he did. Foolish literally made her forget about all of her troubles just with a smile and a laugh — especially the laugh that got so high pitched it made Luna laugh until she struggled to breathe. He made her heart race and her stomach get all fluttery just by looking at her to the point where she forgot her own God damn name. Luna could feel the blush on her face every time he pushed his long hair out of the way, because even though it was getting very long, it managed to suit him. And just with one simple hug with stars traced on her back, he lifted her spirits and made her calm.

Foolish was energetic most of the time, but somehow, he was the only person who made everything in her head go quiet when it got loud. He wouldn't interrupt her when she was rambling and wouldn't try to make her stop crying, he would just let her deal with whatever emotion she had until she was ready to move on.

Not to mention that one simple kiss made Luna feel like everything around her faded away. She wanted to do it again — she wanted to do it a million times.