5 | I wish that you could see 'em, their faces lighten up

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER FIVEI can still make the whole placeshimmer

CHAPTER FIVE
I can still make the whole place
shimmer

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

LUNA WAS PACKING for TwitchCon when she got the email that changed her life.

She had already been excited. It was her first TwitchCon, which was happening in San Diego. Not only did she get to meet a lot of her fans that were more so on the streaming side of her career, but she got to meet a lot of her friends in person. Rae — although a YouTube streamer — had already been texting her in a shared group chat with Miyoung expressing her excitement that they would be able to hang out in person instead over Discord. Any chance to interact with her fans, Luna took it — that's why she started streaming in the first place, after all. So when she got invited to TwitchCon, she immediately hopped on it. The fact that she got to meet members of her community and people she met through streaming all in one was so incredible to her.

Her, Foolish, and Karl were all flying into San Diego tomorrow, and as much as Luna liked to pretend she was organized, packing was the one thing that she struggled with the most. There were too many outfit options — all paired with bows, of course — and she constantly wondered if she needed to pack things that she definitely didn't need to. Usually, Mary Jane would come in and help her, but she had been out for a couple of hours. Luna just assumed she was over Foolish's place.

She twirled around from her closet from her bed where her suitcase was, singing along to Gorgeous, when her phone lit up on her bed. Luna glanced over at it for a moment, thinking it was just another social media message that she didn't need to look at right away, but the symbol of getting an email stopped her fully. She put down the pair of jeans she had been holding next to her suitcase and grabbed her phone. At once, the notification revealed itself from her face ID, showing it was an email from her manager.

Luna tapped on the notification, and it brought her to her email app. At first, Luna just thought it was another casual check-in. However, that was certainly not the case. Her entire body seemed to freeze in shock once she got to what this email was really about. Luna took in the words of the email, not believing if she was truly reading all of this right. Her hand slowly reached up to cover her mouth, and her eyes widened. No way. No fucking way this was real life. Luna even double-checked to make sure it was her manager's email, which it was, but when she didn't believe that, she texted her manager. Within a second, her manager replied, confirming that it was all true.