18 | she loves how he talks late at night when there's no one else to say

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

𝗬𝗢𝗨 𝗕𝗘𝗟𝗢𝗡𝗚 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗛 𝗠𝗘

CHAPTER EIGHTEENone single thread of gold tied meto you

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
one single thread of gold tied me
to you

───────── ➶ ⁺ ➴ ─────────

REAL LIFE

OVER THE MUSIC that was playing throughout the house, Luna stood in the kitchen by herself, making her second drink of the night. Her, Noah, and Mary Jane had been invited by Hannah, Sylvee, and Sam to come to Florida for Halloween  — or, at least the couple days before Halloween. The day before Halloween, Luna, Noah, and Mary Jane would head back to North Carolina. 

She glanced up from her drink to see Mary Jane, dressed as a devil, giggling with Hannah and Sylvee and smiled softly. Luna was her matching angel. Okay, yes, an angel and a devil was completely basic, but they wanted to base their costumes off of devils roll the dice, angels roll their eyes. Luna considered Cruel Summer as a good excuse for their costumes.

Her eyes then drifted to the boy who practically lit up the room, the very same boy who her gaze always locked on. His costume was all Hannah's doing, if she could call it a costume. He had an angel halo, fairy wings, and a comically large prop knife. Noah's smile was brighter than the Florida sun that had been beaming down on them for the better part of the day. In fact, Luna could've just called his entire being sunshine.

Sure, it might've only been a couple of days since they officially became boyfriend and girlfriend, but Luna was still locked in on that feeling of fucking flying. In the span of that Sunday to now, there had been a lot of time spent together, a lot of games played, a lot of flirting, and a shit ton of kisses. It still felt totally unreal, like she was dreaming. But from the feeling that she got whenever Noah kissed her, it really just reminded her that she wasn't making shit up in her head.

"You're not slick, Luna."

Luna blinked, snapping out of whatever trance she had been in. Sam had left his spot with the others to come to the kitchen. He placed his cup down on the counter, which was still slightly full from what Luna could see, so it wasn't to get more. It probably meant he was just here to make fun of her.

She closed the alcohol she had been using, setting it back where it originally was. "Don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh, you don't?" Sam replied, leaning against the counter. "You mean you don't know you were just making the ultimate heart eyes at Foolish?"