◇ kinda worn-out ◇

Introduction:
• characters: xiao - eather
• side character: pimon
• type: Angst/ fluff
• requested: no
• word count: 3891 words
• AU: normal day in a genshin world / wangshu inn

_______________________________

Aether's pov:

It was a long and tiring day today...
I couldn't get myself to sleep. Today's events were very intense it left my body in shock, I feel like I just chugged millions of energy drinks, and now they are hitting me all at once.

I can't sleep.

I sit on the balcony of the rented hotel room, gazing at the late night sky.
How beautiful... the stars remind me of his eyes... I wonder where he is...

I turn around and take a glance at the dark bedroom behind me.

Pimon is sound asleep on the bed, I shouldn't wake her up, I mean, she does deserve to be woken up, (refering to the chapter "in or out") but let's be the mature one in here and let her rest.

I'll just leave her a little note so she won't get all worried and teleport to me.
Who knows in what kind of situation I'll be in with xiao...

As I continued further with these thoughts, a light red covered my cheeks.
I slap my face lightly to bring myself back to reality.

I scribble down some stuff on a piece of paper and leave it on the nightstand beside the bed.

___________________________________________

Gonna go for a late night jog and prob
visit someone, so don't come searching
for or me. I will be here for breakfast at
around 8 am.

(Ps. Do NOT teleport to me if the time is
earlier than 8 a.m., OK? Or else you're
gonna be tomorrow's breakfast.)

HAVE A NICE SLEEP~ !!!

__________________________________________

I didn't even have the strength to wear my clothes, so I just went outside with some grey sweatpants and a very baggy white short sleeved shirt, I didn't even tie my hair up.

I slipped on some black flip flops, opened the door, took the keys, closed the door behind me with my foot, shoved my hands in my pockets and started walking slowly admiring all the paintings hanging on the walls.

I walked and walked slowly until I reached the last floor of the immense tree house and sat down on the edge of the bridge nearby, enjoying the cold breeze caressing my cheeks, tangling in my hair, making it fly, light as a feather.

I inhale and exhale a deep sigh, I open my eyes again.

I wonder where he is...

I opened my mouth and hummed out his name.
ACK--

I wince to the feeling of sharp throbbing in my chest and an immense headache.

I grasp it tightly and bend down slightly. I take a few deep breaths.

What is this? I was fine just a few moments ago...

"X-xiao...? Agh- okay something is definitely wrong."

Why is every time i call out his name, I feel this short, temporary pain?

Something is wrong... is he okay? What on earth is happening?

I stood up and jumped from the side of the bridge down and walked some more.

Halfway on the bridge, it felt like the atmosphere was getting heavier on my body, like it's going to crush me if it keeps going.