⚔︎ criminals ⚔︎

Introduction:
• characters: Neuvilette - Wriothesley
• side character: none
• type: smut
• requested: no (I don't think so... if you requested it plz DM me so I can make changes TwT)
• word count: 4637 words
• AU: Prisoners
_______________________________

Neuvilette's pov:

"You are here because you killed someone. Do you understand ?"
A police officer spat in my face.

"Yes," I told him.

I could have told him more of the dreams that left me bleary and bloodshot, the screams that scraped my throat as I swallowed them down, the way the stars turned and turned through the night above my unsleeping eyes.
But I didn't.

Who am I to tell them the truth when all they will believe is that my words are all a bunch of lies?

At some point, it's even understandable.
If I was a police officer and a fresh 22 year old man killed a boy not so younger than him and only had 'it was an accident' as an excuse, I also wouldn't believe him.

The cop announced this case closed and told me that I'll be sentenced to 30 years in prison.

My heart ached, and my throat gaped, making it harder for me to breathe, but no tears fall down hot rosy cheeks.

I have lost everything and hit rock bottom. Friends, family, my house, my life, so I guess going to prison won't change shit.

The cop led me out of the interrogation room and handed me to a bunch of other cops who cuffed me up and made me wear an orange overall then drove me to the prison in a tight and sealed car.

Arrived at our destination, I looked up at the dusty place I'll be spending my next 30 years in.

We entered the big black metal gates as I couldn't help but lower my head.

I still can't identify if the feelings lingering in me are guilt for the person's death or fear of spending the rest of my life in a sad place while other people my age would go out and have fun.

The dusty cement walls we entered surrounded a building. We climbed up some stairs and arrived in front of a white door with a golden star hung on it.
The prison warden's office.

The cops and the warden talked for a few minutes, then that other one, looking at me so disgustingly, grabbed my arm violently.

"I'll take care of that one. You're dismissed."
He said to the cops as they bowed their heads and left.

Him and other guards treated me with such little respect when they were leading me to my cell; pushing me around and throwing cusses at me between every word they said. Some would even look at me like I was some sideshow freak.

"You're going to be put in confinement for the time being until the guards check if you're in a safe state to be put with the other prisoners without any of you being in danger, do you understand?"

"C-confinement!? Please, no... no no no please no please..."
I begged - I couldn't tell him that I was afraid of being left alone because of the hallucinations i was getting of the person I killed... on the contrary, that'll give him another reason to put me in confinement... I'm fucked.

I begged and begged for God knows how long until his patience ran out and I earned a slap across the face.

It sent me a few steps back as I held up a hand to my red cheek.

"You are in no fucking place to be giving your opinion. Now get in the fucking cell."
He said as he pushed me in and hurriedly closed the door.

I dashed to it and stared banging on it while begging- gnawing at the bars of this enclosure- for just a little bit of freedome until my hands started to hurt.