𓈊 lapdog 𓈊

Introduction:
• characters: Clorinde - Navia
• side character: none
• type: smut
• requested: no
• word count: 3113
• AU: Butler x princess

_______________________________

Navia's pov:

My butler excuses the boring old-money man I was chit-chatting with at a party my father had thrown for my graduation, grabbing my wrist and dragging me away.

We sneaked up the stairs to the second floor to where my room was. She tasked the maids around the house with some chores so that we could sneak away without getting caught.

Once the road was clear, she pushed me into my bedroom in a rush.

I can't believe I had to run away from my own graduations' after party... on one hand, I'm thankful for my dad since he thaught about me and decided to throw me a party to celebrate, but on the other, he's the one who invited people I dont even know and didn't even ask for my consent in the first place...

He's an old man, and I should let it slide. Anyway, I have my butler who can help, I'm saved.

We both sigh in relief when the door slams shut and the silence echoes in the dark room.

She runs her hand along the wall and finds the switch to turn on the light.

I narrow my eyes at her, crossing my arms.

"What? Don't give me that look, ojou sama. I know you hate attending those types of parties, and I was so worried you were having a horrible time while I was in the kitchen monitoring the servants' work."
She said as she rolled her eyes and walked closer to me.

(Ojou sama: honorific to politely address a woman from a higher class, meaning "young girl" or "rich girl")

"But, my poor father -"

"I could literally see the annoyed face you were making from far away whenever those desperate suitors were begging you for a dance."

"It's fine! If it's to make my father happy, I'll gladly do it. Either way, its impolite to refuse their requests..."

"What else was I supposed to do when my favorite Damsel in need of saving was getting displayed struggling right under my nose? Just sit around and watch the clouds drift across the sky? You know I don't have the patience for that."

"BUT MY FATHER, CLORINDE!!!"

"I KNOW, BUT THAT DOESN'T HELP TO EASE MY GUILT. IM YOUR BUTLER!!! NOT YOUR FATHERS. Having him throw a party for you that you don't even want shouldn't stop me from coming to get you out of a situation where you so clearly needed me. It is my job to help you in any way I can, disappointing your father or not, I follow your orders and do what's best for you, not him. Again, I am YOUR butler."

"Clorinde."
At my words, her body stiffened, and she remembered her duty as my butler. My dog.
"If my father were to find out that you helped me get away from my own party, he is going to fire you."

Clorinde's pov:

I am the butler of a princess named Navia.

Her father is a very kind man, and I admire him lots, but his daughter is on a whole other level.

When I was still a fledged, bearly out of the nest, a riot fell upon the village I lived in.

I was the only one left alive since I was the furthest away from the village, sitting at the shore of a river washing my clothes.

When I came back, everyone was lying dead before the younger me. The houses were burnt to the ground, and the bodies began to turn to dust. An atrocious smell filled the unbreathable air. I ran. Not caring about my belongings nor anything else.
I just ran.