❀ a change ❀ (2)

(Bad ending.)

Introduction:
• characters: alhaitham - kaveh
• side character: none
• type: angst - smut
• requested: no
• word count: 7198
• AU: normal

_______________________________

Alhaitham's pov:

Me and a few other students sit on a long bench, waiting for our turn to try on uniforms for the academy we newly in rolled in.

I always keep my head low and don't look at anyone's face, but that one guy just pushes me to take a glance.

He is loud, extroverted, and sounds very kind. He is friendly to anyone he talks to and he is never really alone.

I guess a lowkey handsome guy like him obviously would have a few people following often.

Now that I look closer, his short blond hair have split ends. I guess he can't really take care of them unless he wanna go bald... whatever.
(Yes, currently in the story kaveh has short hair.)

He snaps his finger right in front of my face and brings me back from my daze.

"Why are you looking at me like that? Do I have something on my face?"

I frown at him in confusion then realize that I have been staring dead at him for a hot second...

"No? I'm sorry."
I huff out and look away to the other side.

"Hey! Don't you look away now. What's your name?"

"Alhaitham."
I hesitate.

He extends his hand.
"Ka-"

I interrupt him by slapping it away.
"I know your name. It's crazy how you already have a reputation in this academy even tho you didn't even go to class for a week yet."
I place my headphones back on and he grabs my wrist with an unpleased look on his face.

"Hey! I think your headphones are cool but I think it would be cooler if you don't put them on mid convo..."

"We are not having a conversation. You're the one who came up to me."

"YOURE THE ONE WHO WAS STARING AT ME!!!"

I shrug and walk away to the academys' sewist for the costume.

~ two months later ~

Kaveh's pov:

Me and alhaitham grew closer, maybe a little too close. Even tho it was kind of a love-hate relationship, and sometimes going to an extent of being friends with benefits, I would consider him the closest person I have in the academy. He knows more of me than anyone else around here.

He knows that my dad died and that my mom left me and didn't make fun of it just like I know that his parents died in an accident, and that he was raised by his grandmother.

Maybe that's why I still have hope in our relationship despite the conflicts we usually have. I don't know honestly...

But he has been growing colder towards me lately. He would avoid me when classmates are around and he even made a new friend instead of spending his time with me or reading a book. To top it all off, its a girl. He is talking to a girl.

We have a free class right now and somehow, for the first time in a while, we finally talked. We ended up getting in a small argument about some stupid math problem we solved last class... I hate that that's the only thing we said after he ghosted me.

"You both sound like a married couple, haha."
A classmate talked from behind us.
We both quiet down and look at him.

"What?"
Alhaitham's voice sounded shaky yet sharp.