3/3) Villain: Damien

He was in this part of the story as a villain for such a short time he seems not worth writing about, but his disappearance did launch some scrutiny that ended more than one nightmare. And, he was a delinquent thug and a terrible boyfriend.

No damn way. No old man was gonna tell him what to do. No old fart, no old Oldielocks was gonna tell him how to treat his girl. Mr. Matthew Jenkins - he called himself. Damien was gonna kill that SOB. He wasn't afraid of the son of a bitch. Well maybe, just a little. His intuition and the scabbing places on his face told him the old fart meant business. That old man was sneaky and bossy and stronger. The old man gave him one week to make a choice - straighten up or get out of town. And, if you get out of town, do not take the girl, he said. Matthew Jenkins said he would be back to check on him. Damien was not afraid. This time he would be ready. He was going to kick that old man's ass and put his face in the gravels this time.

It was almost the one week deadline - a week after the old man Jenkins confronted Damien in the parking lot of the Dairy Center, and Sienna shared her shitty news. Whore, probably wasn't his baby. It didn't matter now. What was done was done. She was his girl, and nobody told him what to do with his girl. Nobody. She belonged to him.

Damien thought about what the old man had told him. He was going to take his advice, but screw it too. He was going to do the one thing the old man told him not to do. Damien made a decision. He called Sienna and asked her to meet him at the mayor's house - out back in the shed. He would finish mowing, get paid, and they'd be off. Pack a bag, he told her.

One day later - no Damien, no Sienna.