8/14) A Baby is Born

"Are you ok?" asked Matthew to the ladies.

"No, I am not," cried Sienna, "I'm having a baby."

Matthew put his hand on her forehead to comfort her. "Baby girl, we are going to help you. Do not worry, I have done this before (a lie) and I have seen a lot worse (the truth). Candi, call an ambulance. Then, let's go wash our hands real quick and see if we can find some clean towels. "

"I'm not a nurse, " said Candi.

"I know, but you have done this before too. You're a mama. We will be alright. Besides, the ambulance will be here soon."

Matthew asked as he was easing her to the floor, "Sienna, have you done any prenatal planning, practiced any breathing techniques, anything like that?"

"No, but I been reading about it, and I have my mantra. It calms me."

"Let's hear it," he said as he placed a pillow under her head.

"I have something to prove. I am intelligent and I am going to make something of myself. I am not poor, white trash. I am important. I am brave. I am going to kick ass."

"Yes, baby girl, you are brave and you have kicked some ass today," said Matthew. "I want you to keep saying your mantra now. We are going to help you. "

A siren was heard in the distance. "Ambulance?" asked Candi. "That was fast."

The ambulance would not make it. The road was blocked with a wreck. It would be all alright as Matthew said, but not before Sienna threw up purple, peanut butter and banana grape jelly vomit on them all, including the baby.

Matthew and Candi helped Sienna bring a beautiful baby girl into the world. A beautiful baby girl named after her mama's granny, Emaline, to be called Emmie for short. Sienna insisted Matthew give her baby a middle name so she could thank him proper.

"I don't know," said Matthew," a baby is a special thing."

"Well, give her a special name, " said Sienna. And so, Emmie Bell was named. She entered the world loved and wanted and cherished. And, if it was up to her mama, no one was ever gonna hurt her.